I'm not new to bb or crackberry, yet I feel like such a newbie asking this question! How can I get the most out of my battery...I.e...making the battery last longer than a day. I just got it charged it only three to four times so far...and it dies out quickly, like I have to charge it every night...wtf...with my 7290, 8700 omg...they would last days...my curve not so much but still! I miss my days without charging, any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 06:54 PM
    Shorten your timeout for backlight and dim the brightness. But the 9000 battery life is not very good though If you have any apps that have a auto update, you may want to have a less frequency of updating. My 9700 which uses the exact same battery will last about twice as long as my 9000 did.
    12-29-09 07:24 PM
    You can also change from 3G & 2G to 2G if you are not Web browsing or doing something that needs faster data connection. I get about twice as much battery life on 2G than on 3G if there is a need to conserve battery.

Granted, I usually do not need to disable 3G, since I am usually around a charger.
    12-29-09 07:46 PM
    Put it in the phone and turn the phone on.
    12-29-09 08:52 PM
    Does it matter how often I charge it during the day? These batteries don't go bad if charge often no?

12-29-09 09:22 PM
    Does it matter how often I charge it during the day? These batteries don't go bad if charge often no?

You cannot overcharge Li-ion batteries. It is best to top them off and not let them get below 20%. Charging frequently is fine. Completely draining the battery too often will cause it to fail sooner.
    12-29-09 09:43 PM
    You cannot overcharge Li-ion batteries. It is best to top them off and not let them get below 20%. Charging frequently is fine. Completely draining the battery too often will cause it to fail sooner.

Oh, thanks!

12-29-09 11:49 PM
    You can always purchase a Seido OEM Slim
    Extended battery too, it works awesomeee
    Last edited by Macneil_S4; 12-30-09 at 12:26 AM.
    12-30-09 12:21 AM
    Also, make sure your wifi and bluetooth are off while you're not using them.
    set backlight brightness to 10 and have it set to auto dim
    switch to 2g & 3g instead of 3g network only
    Close down apps you're not using.
    If worse comes to worse you can always buy an extended battery like the seido one.

-Jordan
    12-30-09 07:38 AM
    Put the phone on standby instead of locking it.
    12-30-09 09:13 PM
    Just purchase this............and you will be good.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gvNCbil0
    12-30-09 09:45 PM
    Also, make sure your wifi and bluetooth are off while you're not using them.
    set backlight brightness to 10 and have it set to auto dim
    switch to 2g & 3g instead of 3g network only
    Close down apps you're not using.
    If worse comes to worse you can always buy an extended battery like the seido one.

-Jordan
    Switching off radios when your not using them gets me the best battery life. Put a shortcut on your home screen.
    12-30-09 10:21 PM
    in one day, ive already noticed a HUGE difference, thanks for all the info , one thing, the extend battery, does it stand out to a large degree, like abnormal looking? why do i have to get a different battery cover.....bah!
    thanks again!
    12-30-09 10:32 PM
    in one day, ive already noticed a HUGE difference, thanks for all the info , one thing, the extend battery, does it stand out to a large degree, like abnormal looking? why do i have to get a different battery cover.....bah!
    thanks again!
    Thats for the HUGE one, thats why I
    suggested the OEM SLIM extended one
    12-30-09 11:51 PM
    thanks again!
    It is rather large, but the battery cover is included.
    12-31-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD