Some imbecil twittered my PIN number, im kinda of a personality in my home country and basically its driving me mad, but i dont want to change my bold id rather give up a leg than my phone, i dont mind talking to the carrier or buying some app i just need some peace of mind, and be able to keep my phone all at the same time.

pretty please i really need help.

On the other hand if i change phones can i install the apps ive bought without paying again????

sorry for the mistakes english isnt my first language...
    07-07-09 05:55 PM
    changing your PIN, though technically possible with certain kinds of pirated software, really cant be done. your PIN is tied in with your phones IMEI and cannot be changed easily. and if you did, it most likely wont work anymore and you will brick your phone. your only real bet is to switch phones, which will indeed be a new PIN, and do a device switch wizard in desktop manager.
    07-07-09 05:59 PM
    Maybe you can talk to your carrier about blocking people from sending you PIN messages, if you don't really use the functionality.

Otherwise, yeah, new phone.
    07-07-09 06:12 PM
    Some imbecil twittered my PIN number, im kinda of a personality in my home country and basically its driving me mad, but i dont want to change my bold id rather give up a leg than my phone, i dont mind talking to the carrier or buying some app i just need some peace of mind, and be able to keep my phone all at the same time.

pretty please i really need help.

On the other hand if i change phones can i install the apps ive bought without paying again????

sorry for the mistakes english isnt my first language...
    I'm intrigued on who you are now lol

If you change phones, the best way to change your PIN, you should be able to transfer all your apps, and if you have apps that are restricted to your current PIN you can easily change your PIN info at the crackberry store or send an email to the developer/store you got it from

Good Luck
    07-07-09 06:15 PM
    Yea you need to change your phone. Just back up your BB and get another bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mrsjackd; 07-07-09 at 06:19 PM.
    07-07-09 06:16 PM
    so now that we helped you, tell us who you are. lol
    07-07-09 06:46 PM
    hey, thanx a lot for the advice i guess im doomed to change my phone and since im on that subject, any suggestions??? I had a storm and i detest it, so another bold or maybe the tour or what???.

And in the whole who am I its not really such a big deal, Im just an exsoccer player turned entrepreneur (restaurants & nightclubs) plus my dad is a politician so that doesn't help either...
    07-07-09 07:00 PM
    you can use the firewall to block PIN messages from those not in your address book.
    07-07-09 07:05 PM
    options>>security options>>firewall>>block incoming messages>>select PIN and save....voila! No more PIN messages
    07-07-09 07:07 PM
    options>>security options>>firewall>>block incoming messages>>select PIN and save....voila! No more PIN messages
    Make sure to check the box that says Except from "Contacts"
    07-07-09 07:08 PM
    I need the BB messenger, and cant block all not known messages, Thats why I guess I just change the phone, was more of sentimental value and the annoyance of the backups and restoring the apps, etc...
    07-07-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD