Hey guys,

I've been using BB bold since septemeber and i really like everything about it except the battery. I have to recharge it twice a day. Just wants know if there is battery (original one) that would last longer than the one comes with device. Thanks
    06-12-09 03:47 PM
    I'm also having battery problems,but I found turning off 3g saves a lot of juice and I don't miss the speed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 03:56 PM
    how do you turn off the 3g?
    06-12-09 04:44 PM
    You have to access the Engineering Screen to turn off 3G on an ATT bold, I think others have the capability somewhere else, but I'm not sure

06-12-09 05:44 PM
    I have noticed if I turn off GPS while not using it, that seems to help with the battery time too.
    06-12-09 06:44 PM
    If you go to options->mobile network, you have the option of turning off 3G
    06-12-09 07:08 PM
    -Certain apps are poorly made and drain battery like mad (Youmail app for example).

-If you browse non wap sites a lot with the default browser (aka a lot of clock icons and loading) you will notice the phone start to get hot. That basically wastes the battery since the stupid browser has to work the phone so hard.

The workaround? Fairly simple. Use Bolt or OM for non-wap sites. It will help a lot as they do far less work on the phone.

-Use RIM chat clients instead of 3rd party clients. The other clients generally don't utilize push and use way, way more battery (even if their features usually are better)...
    06-12-09 07:12 PM
    The stock battery is ok, as mentioned above, some of the apps can kill it. Be sure settings are such that nothing is running/updating in the background and that apps are closed from their respective menus.
    06-12-09 07:23 PM
    I use a seidioo 3500 mah extended battery. It has a little bulge but it works great.
    06-12-09 10:41 PM
    How do you disable 3G in the engineering screen? I searched everywhere and the only thing I found was the ability to enable all or certain frequency bands, needless to say I turned them all on for hoohas and everything works fine. I happened to notice a screen for monitoring VoiP data transfer, wonder if their is some way to make T-mo's UMA VoiP work on the bold?

06-12-09 11:02 PM
    I just received my 1650mAh seidio battery and it's working great for me so far.

06-13-09 01:45 AM
    I was able to turn off 3g in manage conections/mobile network options,but I'm in the uk and some of you guys and girls across the pond may not have that option

06-13-09 03:52 AM
    battery is very important for a Phone!
    06-13-09 03:55 AM
    Throw in a car charger , travel charger and of cause a spare battery to replace the used ones.

Afterall it is not I phone that you can't swap batteries.

06-13-09 04:45 AM
    If you go to options->mobile network, you have the option of turning off 3G
    unfortunately not if your on AT&T
    06-13-09 08:47 AM
    thanks for your help, i guess i'll switch off the 3g.
    06-14-09 05:01 PM
    Appworld running in the background also kills the battery much faster, even if its not doing anything

06-14-09 06:19 PM
    I had 3G turned off most of the time...until I bought an extra battery and mini external battery charger. Now when I run a battery down I swap it out and throw the the dead one in the charger Helped out a lot when the power went out for a day. I just left the spare charging in my car.

06-14-09 06:52 PM
    Siedo 1650, love mine, it's a noticably better battery than the original.

06-14-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD