Dropping my Tmobile curve as soon as i can, tired of no coverage and dropped calls.

Considering Tour and Bold, i just cant do Storm as i think i would miss an actual keyboard. That said, i was at a customers site in NYC this past week and he said great phone, but he constantly gets dropped calls from AT&T.

Anyone in this section would obviously be Bold users, and Bold is on ATT only, so, is there really an issue with AT&T and dropped calls? I am a road warrior for work, so i cant worry about clients not being able to reach me. The Bold seems like a very strong, stable device, but if it cant actually be used as a phone, i cant choose it.

What are your impressions? Thanks in advance.
    08-17-09 06:26 PM
    I personally wouldn't go to a 9630 specifically because of no WiFi capabilities.

I'm holding out on the 9700 to fix my Bold woes: Camera, memory, trackpad, battery cover.
    08-17-09 06:30 PM
    Yes. I have huge problems in Philly, DE, NJ with dropped calls on the 3G network.
    I upgraded to OS 282 so I'm able to switch to EDGE so that reduced dropped calls by about 90 %.

I hate that I need to stay on edge though and I will switch to Verizon when they have a device I like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:33 PM
    I think is ur 8300 that doesn't work because I've had T-Mobile for about 4 years and I don't remember ever having a dropped call and I live in the NYC area, I'm currently using the Bold unlocked on T-Mobile with no problems at all...
    08-17-09 06:36 PM
    Bold on OS .282 select 2G only = no more dropped calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:47 PM
    i would try sprint and go with the tour and hopefully you get good service where you live...i think it complelety depends on where you live..
    08-17-09 06:48 PM
    I think is ur 8300 that doesn't work because I've had T-Mobile for about 4 years and I don't remember ever having a dropped call and I live in the NYC area, I'm currently using the Bold unlocked on T-Mobile with no problems at all...
    I travel all over the US for work, i get no signal and dropped calls all the time with Tmobile. They just havent saturated the market enough.

I was really just wanting opinions on AT&T from people actually on it, like my client. He loves the phone, but doesnt like ATT service.
    08-17-09 07:58 PM
    I had an iPhone and I hated the service, I thought it was AT&T the whole time and then I switched to the Bold and I am as happy as can be, rarely any dropped calls from NJ-NYC-CT-MA.
    08-17-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD