Hello all

I'm roaming in Bangkok with my ATT Bold and suddenly I am seeing something new: two new icons that I don't recognize. Just to the right of the regular voicemail indicator icon (the lttle tape recorder) there are two tiny little icons that look just like the voicemail icon but very small. They have numbers 1 and 2 next to them and I think 1 and 2 tiny dots above them.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm stumped!

Thanks, Dave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:07 AM
    can you post a screen shot?
    05-26-09 02:16 AM
    Sure, but I'm not sure how to do it. What is the app that everyone uses for screenshots??
    05-26-09 02:51 AM
    CaptureIt

05-26-09 03:03 AM
    05-26-09 03:04 AM
    thanks! here's the screenshot
    05-26-09 03:31 AM
    wow thats odd. i can honestly say i have never seen that icon before. you checked voicemails and all?
    05-26-09 05:03 AM
    Well I don't like the sound of that! Anyone else?
    What is this?? It come on right as I hit the ground with international roaming.
    05-26-09 06:52 AM
    why dont you shoot an email to AT&T's BB support with the screen shot and see if they know.
    05-26-09 07:41 AM
    They could be for international voicemail options to show the consumer that they are in a international location, maybe if you want to hear your voice mail in that coutries language.

I am just guessing, but thats what i would guess if i was there.
    05-26-09 07:58 AM
    They could be for international voicemail options to show the consumer that they are in a international location, maybe if you want to hear your voice mail in that coutries language.

I am just guessing, but thats what i would guess if i was there.
    u're right. it's voicemail. u would have to call your carrier and tell them to take off any voice minutes you have on your plan and disable the voicemail service.

btw, do a battery pull for at least 20 seconds and the icon will disappear by itself
    Last edited by ipos; 05-26-09 at 08:59 AM.
    05-26-09 08:54 AM
    Well, I called ATT and they were able to reset the message indicator, which is great. But those 2 little icons remain!

I asked them if there was an email that I could send the screenshot to, and she said that there wasn't. But I think I remember being able to email support a while back! I'm dying to know what those icons are - does anyone know how to initiate an email dialog with support?

thanks
    05-28-09 12:52 AM
    thanks! here's the screenshot
    Freaky deaky. Just when I thought I've seen everything there is to see on a BB...
    05-28-09 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD