The camera zoom level is fine but when I am trying to take a video of my lovely persian cat, I feel that the zoom level is too up close.

Is that a bug in the OS 7.1.0.714 or is that how it's supposed to be?

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't the original OS 7.0.0.294 have the ability to zoom in or out or am I just day dreaming?
    06-07-13 10:28 AM
    The camera zoom level is fine but when I am trying to take a video of my lovely persian cat, I feel that the zoom level is too up close.

Is that a bug in the OS 7.1.0.714 or is that how it's supposed to be?

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't the original OS 7.0.0.294 have the ability to zoom in or out or am I just day dreaming?
    In Video Camera options do you have Close Up toggled on? May wanna check there, you have like 5 different videos camera scene modes.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 06-07-13 at 08:59 PM.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    06-07-13 08:48 PM
    In Video Camera options do you have Close Up toggled on? May wanna check there, you have like 5 different videos camera scene modes.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps3e671b0a.jpg
    Just checked and it's set on Auto

I tried changing it to Closeup then changed it back to Auto to see the diff. they were both exactly the same, very close to the object when compared to the normal camera (for taking still pics)

I even loaded a different OS now (Bl Hybrid RC 15 with the base of 7.1.0.923) but the result is the same

can you check on your phone, look at one object with your normal pics camera, then while still holding the phone in the same position, switch to Video Camera and see does the object appear closer?
    06-08-13 03:07 AM
    Just checked and it's set on Auto

I tried changing it to Closeup then changed it back to Auto to see the diff. they were both exactly the same, very close to the object when compared to the normal camera (for taking still pics)

I even loaded a different OS now (Bl Hybrid RC 15 with the base of 7.1.0.923) but the result is the same

can you check on your phone, look at one object with your normal pics camera, then while still holding the phone in the same position, switch to Video Camera and see does the object appear closer?
    Lol, I tried it but bear with me I am in the man cave watching F1 qualifying glued to my lazyboy recliner and I couldn't reach the light.
    So you be the judge.
    The 1st pic is Camera the 2nd pic is Video Camera both taken from the same distance height with the phone positioned on the same spot on chest.

I think you are right the Video Camera Mode depth is a bit closer, I can only tell this by the wall paneling on the left.

06-08-13 12:55 PM
    hmm, seems a bit zoomed in on the video as well, maybe that's just how it is I guess?
    06-08-13 03:14 PM
    Normal (640x480) is always zoomed out.
    HD (1280x720) is always zoomed in maximum.
    It is just how it is, there isn't anything you can do to change that, sorry. Maybe film the cat sideways and then use an editor to rotate it 90 degrees to the left or right to get it to be in portrait (720x1280) mode? That is how I usually do it when I video blog, but I don't bother rotating it to get the correct aspect ratio due to myself being a bit lazy.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    06-08-13 10:33 PM
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh you're right!!! never thought of that! when I set the zoom level to 640x480 it became normal!

you are the smartest person on these forums man! thanks
    06-09-13 01:07 AM
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh you're right!!! never thought of that! when I set the zoom level to 640x480 it became normal!you are the smartest person on these forums man! thanks
    No problem.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    06-09-13 01:40 AM