My 1.5years old blackberry bold 9000's trackball cannot be scrolled to the right anymore. Should I get it fixed by paying someone, or should I do it by myself? How to do it and what tools do I need to have/buy??? How do I know whether I should replace my trackball?
    Last edited by raptorstv; 06-11-10 at 12:15 PM.
    06-11-10 12:12 PM
    This really depends on you. Do you feel comfortable taking it completely appart, and i do mean completely. If you do it shouldn't be to hard from what I have read.

Mine has gotten stuck a few times and generally just a few good hard swips on the trackball will get what is stuck loose enough to keep working though..
    06-11-10 12:38 PM
    My brand-new Pearl stuck once, but I got it unstuck and it's been fine since. Maybe it had some dirt in it, not sure.
    06-11-10 01:15 PM
    Try pushing down and rolling while pushed down, if that doesn't work the trackballs are very easy to replace yourself, and cheap
    06-11-10 01:16 PM
    My experience is: first sirface clean, if it doesn't work then try to find new one replace it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:22 PM
    It more than likely got some dust/dirt in it. I found that lens cleaning solution (for eyeglasses) and a microfiber cloth do the trick. Spray some solution on the cloth and rub it on the trackball, working it back and forth. Sometines I use my fingernail to dislodge it if its really stubborn.

If the ball starts moving but your cursor doesn't respond accordingly, then you may indeed need to replace the trackball.
    06-11-10 08:07 PM
    best thing is to find a straw. cut it into thin little 1 to 2 inch slivers, and clean around the ball.
    06-12-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD