So, i bought the 9790 a while back (sometime last year) and it was doing great. Then i went and bought the Torch 9810 as i got bored with the 9790. A while later i got bored with the 9810 so i came back to the 9790 and i've been using it since.
    Until, the device started rebooting like crazy and wouldn't let me use it at all, and the battery died out in about two hours because of the continuos reboots. I went and upgraded the OS and bought a new battery, but that didn't help.
    Then i went and tried safe-mode, that didn't help, deleted all my apps, didnt help then i restored the phone to factory settings and restored none of my old content and it STILL DIDN'T HELP.
    Then i was putting my stuff back, i was inserting my memory card when i noticed a slight gap in the battery bay. There was a little gap which allowed the battery to move around therefore causing the phone to reboot. So i stuck a little piece of paper, and voila. No reboot so far, and i'm extremely happy.
    So if any of you are having the reboot problem, just try to see if your battery moves around.
    05-05-13 09:44 AM
    So, i bought the 9790 a while back (sometime last year) and it was doing great. Then i went and bought the Torch 9810 as i got bored with the 9790. A while later i got bored with the 9810 so i came back to the 9790 and i've been using it since.
    Until, the device started rebooting like crazy and wouldn't let me use it at all, and the battery died out in about two hours because of the continuos reboots. I went and upgraded the OS and bought a new battery, but that didn't help.
    Then i went and tried safe-mode, that didn't help, deleted all my apps, didnt help then i restored the phone to factory settings and restored none of my old content and it STILL DIDN'T HELP.
    Then i was putting my stuff back, i was inserting my memory card when i noticed a slight gap in the battery bay. There was a little gap which allowed the battery to move around therefore causing the phone to reboot. So i stuck a little piece of paper, and voila. No reboot so far, and i'm extremely happy.
    So if any of you are having the reboot problem, just try to see if your battery moves around.
    Thanks for a reminder of what can happen to initiate a reboot. I've seen it a couple of times in the past, but it is a problem that can drive someone a little bonkers until the problem is discovered.
    05-05-13 11:54 AM
    Thanks for a reminder of what can happen to initiate a reboot. I've seen it a couple of times in the past, but it is a problem that can drive someone a little bonkers until the problem is discovered.
    Hahah, I was in that situation. I was honestly about to chuck this device in the pool. And I actually left it home for a day or two, to let it cool down because as anyone would know, a device going in a reboot loop means it will get warm, so once the battery died off I left it and went to my 9900 for a while and here I am happy as ever with the 9790.
    05-05-13 03:29 PM
    Facing the same problem since 3 months got this phone a year back. But the battery doesnt move around thats what i checked as you said it moves around. have been using it w/o the back cover for half an hour but doesnt move at all but still auto reboots!
    05-11-13 08:47 AM
    Facing the same problem since 3 months got this phone a year back. But the battery doesnt move around thats what i checked as you said it moves around. have been using it w/o the back cover for half an hour but doesnt move at all but still auto reboots!
    I also deleted all my applications, except FaceBook and Color OS LED.
    Try deleting your apps..

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-13-13 04:11 PM
    I also deleted all my applications, except FaceBook and Color OS LED.
    Try deleting your apps..

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Ok guys its day 4 of the experiment i did as this forum suggested. Well the result is amazing, NO reboots, NO hanging problems, NO frustration! Damn happy with the performance as the battery life has also increased!

All I did was I cut to battery size a normal visiting card which is obviously thicker than a piece of paper. Visiting card is a thin cardboard so since then NO hook ups! I was actualyl going to sell this phone and get the Z10 but I think not now.
    EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
    05-15-13 06:33 AM
    Ok guys its day 4 of the experiment i did as this forum suggested. Well the result is amazing, NO reboots, NO hanging problems, NO frustration! Damn happy with the performance as the battery life has also increased!

All I did was I cut to battery size a normal visiting card which is obviously thicker than a piece of paper. Visiting card is a thin cardboard so since then NO hook ups! I was actualyl going to sell this phone and get the Z10 but I think not now.
    EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
    Glad to hear you found a workable solution. Sometimes the world is a bit imperfect, and we must improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-16-13 01:01 AM