Could not believe this...after 3-4 months the local cops find my stolen Bold, now I'm stuck with two Bolds
    05-27-09 09:55 PM
    You can always send it to me.
    05-27-09 09:56 PM
    That is great news that it turned up. And it is still in good condition?
    05-27-09 09:57 PM
    Great news! Awesome to hear! what kind of condition is it in? How did they find it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 10:05 PM
    How much? I want!

05-27-09 10:08 PM
    WOW! Lol what a blackberry miracle! How's the condition on it?
    05-27-09 10:09 PM
    I wouldn't mind to have a Bold!

05-27-09 10:50 PM
    So a thief can use the phone still even if the pin has been disabled through the carrier?

05-29-09 11:45 AM
    well, stupid Rogers said they weren't unable to block the PIN and it was only done through RIM which would of been at a cost of $40ish or so
    05-29-09 12:19 PM
    they can disable the data, but not the standard GSM functions
    05-29-09 12:22 PM
    If this was an insurance claim, make sure the insurance company knows it was recovered. They may get very nasty otherwise.
    05-29-09 12:26 PM
    If you had insurance on the phone and filed a stolen claim the phones esn may have been blocked from being activated. If this is the case the phone is worthless. You might want to check with your carrier to see if they blocked.

Otherwise it looks like the thief took good care of it. The scratches don't look any more harmful then normal wear and tear.
    05-29-09 12:27 PM
    nope, it was not an insurance claim so I will not be hearing it from them
    05-29-09 12:41 PM
    This phone isnt a cdma device so it doesn't have an esn thus not being able to be blocked, unless your in turkey and they blacklist the imei. What I'm curious about is how were the cops able to track the phone through the BB pin??? Can you to elaborate on this? I don't see them having the technology to even do it. It would cost them much more time and money trying to locate the phone, than it is actually worth! But anyways nice that you were able to recover your phone.

05-29-09 01:05 PM
    Yea please post the entire story, I'd like to know too if you wouldn't mind...

btw, congrats on the recovery, I can only imagine the pain you felt when you lost it, and now the elation of having it returned.
    05-29-09 01:09 PM
    This phone isnt a cdma device so it doesn't have an esn thus not being able to be blocked, unless your in turkey and they blacklist the imei.
    Learn something new every day. That's what makes this place great.
    05-29-09 01:17 PM
    Congrats! Please post the whole story!
    05-29-09 01:20 PM
    hahaha glad to see it come back
    05-29-09 01:21 PM
    People are so stupid for stealing phones. Well now at least you have a good paper weight, or a spare mp3 player.
    05-29-09 01:29 PM
    get your popcorn/coffee/pop ready haha, here's the story

December of 2009 I upgrade my Pearl to a Bold as a personal birthday present to myself, after two months or so of use one smart *** stole my Bold from me at work, stupid ***** didn't take into consideration that he was a regular customer and that I knew what school he went to and knew what he looked like...so I contact the school and the police are involved, that very same night the police were able to recover my SIM card but not my Bold itself, so the thief gets charged and what not and my SIM card is returned to me while they investigate where my actual Bold is...so I hope onto crackberry.com of course to seek advice as how to make this guy who is using my Bold a living nightmare and I stumbled on "asking Rogers/RIM to see who's using my Bold via PIN"...turns out someone is using my Bold, so I forward my PIN to the police basically saying they can track/know who is using my Bold...after a couple of months I start to feel the realization of my Bold never coming back to me...fast forward to a couple days ago I get a call from the police saying they FOUND my BOLD!
    05-29-09 01:30 PM
    get your popcorn/coffee/pop ready haha, here's the story

December of 2009 I upgrade my Pearl to a Bold as a personal birthday present to myself, after two months or so of use one smart *** stole my Bold from me at work, stupid ***** didn't take into consideration that he was a regular customer and that I knew what school he went to and knew what he looked like...so I contact the school and the police are involved, that very same night the police were able to recover my SIM card but not my Bold itself, so the thief gets charged and what not and my SIM card is returned to me while they investigate where my actual Bold is...so I hope onto crackberry.com of course to seek advice as how to make this guy who is using my Bold a living nightmare and I stumbled on "asking Rogers/RIM to see who's using my Bold via PIN"...turns out someone is using my Bold, so I forward my PIN to the police basically saying they can track/know who is using my Bold...after a couple of months I start to feel the realization of my Bold never coming back to me...fast forward to a couple days ago I get a call from the police saying they FOUND my BOLD!
    The police here would have never have tried to track it.
    05-29-09 01:32 PM
    PS the knowledge/advice from fellow Crackberry members is what makes this forum one of my favorites to check
    05-29-09 01:33 PM
    forever29 - that is what I thought at first but little did I know they were actually putting in such hard work to have it returned back to me
    05-29-09 01:34 PM
    forever29 - that is what I thought at first but little did I know they were actually putting in such hard work to have it returned back to me
    Canada I guess. Over here the police are too busy with domestic violence disputes with baby daddies and baby mamas.
    05-29-09 01:35 PM
    Canada I guess. Over here the police are too busy with domestic violence disputes with baby daddies and baby mamas.
    Yeah, we're lucky they come out for anything below a murder.
    05-29-09 01:40 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD