Pros:
    Light weight
    Thin build compared to previous Blackberry models
    Screen Resolution (640 x 480) vivid colors sharp and crisp
    NFC
    Large keyboard
    Super fast transitioning between apps
    Decent battery life for moderate to heavy use
    High quality sound for (ringtones, music, and speakerphone)
    Easier navigation with addition of touch screen
    HD Video
    Excellent Call/Sound quality (no dropped calls)

Cons:
    Lack of zoom on video camera
    Lack of auto focus on camera
    Speaker location
    Lack of RAM for apps
    Lack of flash
    Lack of available apps

Overall rating for this phone is 5 (OUTSTANDING). Even though it lacks zoom and auto focus for it video and camera respectively it still performs great in those areas. The form factor is great. Its light weight design makes it easy to carry in your pocket without the added buldge. The Bold stands up to the competition with a new 1.2GHz single core Snapdragon process with 768MB of RAM and 8GB of on board memory. However, this is start but it still needs to beef up its RAM. With the addition of the 1.2GHz processor, I am sure all you app lovers will enjoy the ability to transition faster between apps and screens. The performance of this device is superb. RIM has finally produced a device that can stand up to the Android and iPhone. I could go on and on speaking on the how well the Blackberry Bold 9930 performs. This is one of the best phones that RIM has designed to date. Finally they are headed in the right direction if they want to try and keep up with the competition.
    Bold9930, JUSTQUAN2 and gpompeus like this.
    08-24-11 08:09 AM
    I love my Sprint Bold 9930 also, only complaint I have, and seeing maybe you're experiencing it also, when I click my Youtube app it goes there no problem, but any video I try opening and palying just keeps buffering. But when I have my Bold switched to both 3G & WiFi it automatically goes to the WiFi setting, and when I go to the Youtube app, open it and play a video, it comes on and plays without a problem. Seems that MY problem is a network one? dunno, just seeing if you had the same problem.
    08-24-11 09:05 AM
    How do you like that Case and Holster combo?
    08-24-11 09:10 AM
    what kind of case do you have and where did you get if from?
    08-24-11 09:14 AM
    Did it come with hotspot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 09:19 AM
    I agree with your assessment.

But you missed how great it is having WiFI. I love using it....So nice.
    08-24-11 09:54 AM
    I am planning to switch from ATT to Sprint just to have a blackberry bold. I would like to bridge it with Playbook. How does the bridge browser work ? Does sprint charge anything extra for bridging ? Please suggest.
    08-24-11 10:10 AM
    I know Sprint doesn't charge for the Bridge, not sure about how it works tho
    08-24-11 10:14 AM
    I love my Sprint Bold 9930 also, only complaint I have, and seeing maybe you're experiancing it also, when I click my Youtube app it goes there no problem, but any video I try opening and palying just keeps buffering. But when I have my Bold switched to both 3G & WiFi it automatically goes to the WiFi setting, and when I go to the Youtube app, open it and play a video, it comes on and plays without a problem. Seems that MY problem is a network one? dunno, just seeing if you had the same problem.
    I haven't had any problems with youtube. I have only watched about 6 videos but with those no buffering at all.
    iPhoneTHS likes this.
    08-24-11 10:44 AM
    How do you like that Case and Holster combo?
    I love the case/holster combo, however there was one downfall. The back of the case has no hole for the speaker. So I had to cut one myself otherwise I would have had to deal with muffled sound.
    flash24 likes this.
    08-24-11 10:46 AM
    what kind of case do you have and where did you get if from?
    It is a case/holster combo that Sprint store was offering as a package with the 9930
    08-24-11 10:47 AM
    I agree with your assessment.

But you missed how great it is having WiFI. I love using it....So nice.
    Well I have had wifi on the tour 9630 and the bold 9650 so therefore I didn't feel the need to speak on that since it was nothing new about it for me. Glad you love the new Bold 9930 it is awesome.
    08-24-11 10:48 AM
    I only have a battery issue w/ mine. It charges up to a certain point (varies every day) and then it stops. I have to do a battery pull to charge all the way to 100%. is there a fix or do I need to have it replaced? Thanks in advance!
    08-24-11 10:54 AM
    It is a nice case / holster combo. I just use the cover and not the holster. To me it added just that little bit of bulk that was needed. 24.99 @ the Sprint store.
    08-24-11 10:58 AM
    I was thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint as well for the 9930, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of talk and data at the same time with Sprint.
    neoflasher likes this.
    08-24-11 11:11 AM
    Well I have had wifi on the tour 9630 and the bold 9650 so therefore I didn't feel the need to speak on that since it was nothing new about it for me. Glad you love the new Bold 9930 it is awesome.
    The Tour didnt come with WIFI the Bold 9650 did
    08-24-11 11:19 AM
    Man I agree. I have some quirks to get used to but I'm sure it will be in the update. The phone feels great and I have some big hands. Great but considering I left the evo 3d and wasn't to pleased.

Did it come with hotspot?

No I did not
    08-24-11 11:35 AM
    Great review, I'm lovin' my Bold. And I actually love the free cases that come with the BlackBerry Phones. So I love my case/holster.

08-24-11 11:42 AM
    The Tour didnt come with WIFI the Bold 9650 did
    You are right. Sorry about that.
    08-24-11 11:58 AM
    I was thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint as well for the 9930, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of talk and data at the same time with Sprint.
    You can do talk and data as long as you are on WIFI.

08-28-11 10:06 PM
    I am planning to swith from ATT to Sprint just to have a blackberry bold. I would like to bridge it with Playbook. How does the bridge browser work ? Does sprint charge anything extra for bridging ? Please suggest.
    before you switch to Sprint make sure you go to their website, get quote and compare how much you will be paying monthly with exactly same plan you have with at&t..., unless you wanna get cheaper plans
    08-28-11 11:15 PM
    I never saw this case/holster combo....I had something similar on my .9650. Honestly the phone is beautiful I don't want to put any case to cover up the phone.
    08-28-11 11:39 PM
    Nice review.

I want the 9930, but at full price, the 9850 looking really sexy right now. I'd probably be able to scoop it up for $0!
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-28-11 11:44 PM
    I love my Sprint Bold 9930 also, only complaint I have, and seeing maybe you're experiencing it also, when I click my Youtube app it goes there no problem, but any video I try opening and palying just keeps buffering. But when I have my Bold switched to both 3G & WiFi it automatically goes to the WiFi setting, and when I go to the Youtube app, open it and play a video, it comes on and plays without a problem. Seems that MY problem is a network one? dunno, just seeing if you had the same problem.
    I had a person who thought their YouTube app was grainy, but I put the display model's YouTube on and it played flawlessly; on 3G and WiFi.

What speeds are you getting when on 3G and not on wifi?
    08-28-11 11:46 PM
    before you switch to Sprint make sure you go to their website, get quote and compare how much you will be paying monthly with exactly same plan you have with at&t..., unless you wanna get cheaper plans

They may look like they cost the same but the UNLIMITED DATA is a huge difference. What good is having Google Maps, Pandora etc, if your data is capped? Stream Pandora on a daily basis, take a trip and use Navigator and have a seat and see how much data you have used (believe me I learned the hard way!) The same goes for Verizon. Great LTE speeds which let you hit your data cap faster. I live in an area that has great reception from all carriers but in the end, I went with Sprint.

Between ATT and Sprint plans, the unlimited data on Sprint makes it the clear winner.
    Last edited by mdprotector; 08-29-11 at 12:32 PM.
    08-29-11 12:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD