So after a few days with the BB 9930 I have decided to mail back my current one and refuse shipment of the replacement that is supposed to come tomorrow.
    Let me first say I LOVE the keyboard and that BB has come a long way.
    My reasons for returning the device are as follows:
    - A TON of checkerboarding on web pages....even on wifi
    - No flash
    - Bad batt life....maybe 6 hrs of heavy use (browser, txting, music, emails, the whole 9 yards)
    And the mushy menu button just left a bad taste in my mouth....

Good luck with all your BB's! Thanks for everyones support and advice....
    Last edited by sx4dude2013; 08-23-11 at 04:46 PM.
    08-23-11 04:21 PM
    no flash? checkerboarding on wifi? either bad device or user error. and battery life is pretty solid, unless you have an app running in the background.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-23-11 at 04:32 PM.
    08-23-11 04:30 PM
    What device do you have now? I switched back to my droid today but I am having second thoughts now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 04:31 PM
    The only time you get checkerboarding is when the site hasn't fully loaded. I can replicate this on both the 9900 & iPhone4 as long as the site hasn't finished loading. BlackBerry's have never had flash(sans PlayBook). Flash isn't the most stable in the world regardless of platform. The battery is ok but not great. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
    08-23-11 04:33 PM
    My current device is a Droid x. And yes I got checkerboarding. Espically on a FULL sitelike phonedog. lt was weird. I only had 1 app installed and it wasn't running. Just glad to be back on android

08-23-11 04:44 PM
    My current device is a Droid x. And yes I got checkerboarding. Espically on a FULL sitelike phonedog. lt was weird. I only had 1 app installed and it wasn't running. Just glad to be back on android

I have the incredible 2 and its a tough choice for me! I will admit that Android is light years ahead in some ways but bb is more refined in others. I like the font size of the bb and the navigation it provides. The web abilities at this time are better on the droid so it's kinda a toss up for me. But what's killing me is the apps available for the bold are useless.
    08-23-11 05:08 PM
    Just use what makes you happy. Blackberries aren't for everybody.
    southlander likes this.
    08-23-11 05:10 PM
    Very true. BBs aren't for everybody. I really wanted it to work out. Oh well. Ill have an otterbox commuter for sale if anyone wants it. I can do $20 shipped to USA PayPal only.

08-23-11 05:13 PM
    Thanks for letting us know why you're returning it (helps those of considering the phone) and for the mature responses for everybody else
    08-23-11 05:14 PM
    I love mine but I know it isn't for everyone. I will say this though... Sunday and Monday were terrible for my battery but I think it needed time to break in because today it has been MUCH better. Full day of work from about 6:30 to 5 and I'm right now sitting at 45%. That is with about 3 hours of actual use and the browser being the #1 used application. That is acceptable to me.. Better than my Epic 4G or even BB 9650 did so I'm happy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 05:31 PM
    Would anyone here say the battery life of the 9900/30 is still significantly better than Android/iPhone4 or is the average use now closer to other devices?

I've heard the battery life of the Motorola Atrix was really good and this was a device I was considering to get to hold me over until maybe a QNX device is released. But after playing with the 9900 this past Sunday, I would like to get it...IF it comes to AT&T SOON.
    08-23-11 05:38 PM
    My 9930's Batt life absolutely FADES my ip4, T-Bolt and yes.. Even my 9650. It did take fri-sat for it to cycle i believe. But after that it has been rock solid.

And remember it has a lot more processor power than the 9650 as well, and STILL is lasting longer for me..

Overall, who is one happy camper?
    (THIS GUY) *thumbs pointing at self* ;^J
    southlander likes this.
    08-23-11 06:17 PM
    products that are rushed to market always disappoint.
    [email protected] likes this.
    08-23-11 06:41 PM
    I can't speak to the iPhone but if I keep getting results like today it will beat the Android and Palm Pre I had by a long shot and it easily gets better battery life than my 9650 too. Only smartphone that I've had that beats it now is my Curve 8330.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 06:45 PM
    my ipad 2 checkerboards. im posting from my iphone 4 and it checkerboarded as this thread loaded.
    08-23-11 06:47 PM
    No flash? Sorry did I miss something here? Noone ever mentioned Flash support on a BB. Do people not even do the least bit of reading around before buying a new device?

Bad battery life? Give it a break, the 9900 just got released it will take a while till we get a stable OS with good battery life.

Take it back please, it's not for you
    southlander likes this.
    08-23-11 06:50 PM
    Rushed? These phones were actually delayed.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 07:01 PM
    The 9900 series was delayed...lol

I wanted something new so I tried a Droid 3. The amount of uninstallable bloatware was just obscene. With wifi on all the time you could just watch the battery meter draining. I came running and screaming back to RIM. Do Blackberries have all the bells and whistles? nope....and after my experience with Android...that's just fine with me
    08-23-11 07:28 PM
    Thanks for MOST mature answers. To some.
    I'm currently running my Droid x on a futon Tom and undervolted with an extended battery so I can go a full day with heavy use. With the BB stock that was not possible.
    And I knew there was no flash support before I purchased it, I thought I could live without it but. I guess not. Lol.

08-23-11 07:39 PM
    Please go away and enjoy your droid
    08-23-11 07:41 PM
    Glad you got setup in something you can use

What matters most is what works best for the end user.
    08-23-11 07:42 PM
    Did it hurt your little feelings that someone doesn't like the 9900?

08-23-11 08:02 PM
    somethings never change, glad to see the old ML still...
    08-23-11 08:22 PM
    somethings never change, glad to see the old ML still...
    Oh that's ML.....ok that explains it.

08-23-11 08:23 PM
    Oh that's ML.....ok that explains it.

I wondered why he's so rude. Answers a lot of questions.
    08-23-11 08:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD