Well after ditching my Torch back in Nov 2010 I am finally back. I am back for the simplicity and elegant function that only a bb can provide. After runs with iphone, Samsung skyrocket, and Samsung nexus over the last few years ....I am over the hype. I grew tired of hot, constantly depleted battery, constant app updates, freezes, poor voice, dropped calls on these handsets. I will say that I favor the android over iOS. Android is just awesome and I love my nexus 7....but please not on my phone. I don't need a mini entertainment system in my pocket....that's what a tablet is for. Let phones be for communication and connecting to the world.
    I think there is enough potential "return" customers out there like me but RIM needs to step up the marketing game and get the app store up to date. Then blackberry might have a chance to be a player again. I certainly hope they do because "I love my crackberry!"
    08-02-13 10:30 PM
    Well the 9900/9930 are pretty badass phones
    08-02-13 10:41 PM
    Indeed, ditched my androids for my Q10 which I've been rocking for almost 4 months and still don't regret it 1 day. Like OP mentioned, personally I need an awesome communicator and not a mini xbox. If I wanna play games, I go big screen and don't need /use a zillion apps. So I should say welcome back OP and spread the good word.

CB10 - Q10
    08-02-13 10:43 PM
    Well the 9900/9930 are pretty badass phones
    Heck yeah! I am loving it....physical keyboard bliss. I am itching for a q10 now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-02-13 11:03 PM
    A Bold move indeed (forgive the pun)

BlackBerry 9930/9900 Best ever communication devices period!
    howards likes this.
    08-03-13 12:07 AM
    Heck yeah! I am loving it....physical keyboard bliss. I am itching for a q10 now.

Careful. The switch from the 9900/9930 to the Q10 isn't for everyone. You should try to test one out in stores. The difference between the two phones is enormous.
    08-03-13 12:32 AM
    A Bold move indeed (forgive the pun)

BlackBerry 9930/9900 Best ever communication devices period!
    "Bold" to say the least. All my coworkers are like BLACKBERRY???? WTF???

08-03-13 12:37 AM
    Careful. The switch from the 9900/9930 to the Q10 isn't for everyone. You should try to test one out in stores. The difference between the two phones is enormous.
    I know. I played around with one today at Verizon and the absence of the buttons and trackpad is a bit awkward. Also the gestures will take getting used to. I am going to wait a bit before I make the switch so all the bugs can get ironed out. Also I am hoping the app catalog for bb10 will expand. Right now I am happy with the app offering for bbos7.

08-03-13 12:44 AM
    I know. I played around with one today at Verizon and the absence of the buttons and trackpad is a bit awkward. Also the gestures will take getting used to. I am going to wait a bit before I make the switch so all the bugs can get ironed out. Also I am hoping the app catalog for bb10 will expand. Right now I am happy with the app offering for bbos7.

I tried it too and absence of track pad and buttons was really bad. Gestures were awful Ewwww.

It felt like blackberry devs were so amazed with the ideas of gesture commends but not realizing how cumbersome they were. Why can't they just implement back button like everyone else does?

Pure amateur move in my opinion. They got too excited with OS10 touch implementation and it really show how non-fluid it is to operate.

Then they decided to drop their best feature, the trackpad. Amateurs I say.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using CB Forums mobile app
    08-03-13 09:19 AM
    Welcome back.
    08-03-13 09:38 AM
    Then they decided to drop their best feature, the trackpad.
    Totally agree! I've been saying this: trackpad + touchscreen = PRECISION!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-04-13 01:06 PM
    Blackberry policy makers are kinda stupid

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-04-13 01:33 PM
    Blackberry policy makers are kinda stupid

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    The jet engine was termed stupid when it was first mooted as well.

The gestures might be a radical change for many people but it is in no way a stupid move, in fact it is a brilliant and awesome move. Note iOS is also trying out gestures more and more.
    I will suggest you use one from a friend or get to spend more than the cursory 5 mins with it and I bet you, once you get the hang of it, you'd fall on love completely.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:25 PM
    Q10 is a basass phone I had the bold 9930 before my iphone5 and now HTC one and Q10 you have to go into it with an open mind because if your expecting it to be exactly like the 9930 you're going to get frustrated and upset.

BlackBerry Q10 / HTC One
    08-04-13 09:22 PM
    Q10 is definitely different. I keep wanting to extend my thumb to the non-existent trackpad and buttons. You have to navigate with the screen and then move only to the keyboard when you need to input text. Plus the Q10 is a bit bigger. I have been looking at the z10 too. That might be the way to go as well. Anyway can't go wrong with the z or the q so I may end up with both.

08-04-13 09:58 PM
    Thanks for finally posting this I have been going back and forth with the question for about a week. I currently have a iPhone 4S even though its consider top of the line I really regret having it. Everything is associated with a cost and now I want to go back to a 9930 any suggestion
    08-04-13 10:07 PM
    Thanks for finally posting this I have been going back and forth with the question for about a week. I currently have a iPhone 4S even though its consider top of the line I really regret having it. Everything is associated with a cost and now I want to go back to a 9930 any suggestion
    I say make the move to a 9930 if you want to experience classic BlackBerry. OS7 still has some great apps out there and you get a touch screen. iPhone is a great phone but it never replaced the utility of my past blackberries. If you actually talk on the phone and text and email a lot the 9930 is the way to go. If you want an app for everything machine you need to stick with the iPhone. If you decide to make the move I have an extra 9930 I would be willing to sell for a fair price.

DS1331 and jegs2 like this.
    08-04-13 10:21 PM
    How much do you want to sell the 9930?
    08-04-13 10:26 PM
    I too left my 9930 a while back after several years of being a BB user. I used many Androids and currently have a iphone 5. I have been eyeing the q10 ever since they announced it but have been unsure if I could love BB again.

Well as luck would have it I got a promotion of sorts and was issued a 9930. I have fallen in love with it and now want to buy a q10 for personal use along with the 9930 for work. The iphone is a wonderful device. Everything works as apple intends and there are a ton of apps. But as many have posted I use the same 5 apps all the time nothing else. Getting to use the 9930 again has shown me why I used BB for many years. Hello all. Hopefully I can make a decision on the q10 soon as I stalk these forums all day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-05-13 08:37 PM
    I can't put the 9930 down. It is an awesome device and I am glad you are back on BB. Next you need to go out and find a Playbook and bridge the 9930 to it. Awesome!
    Last edited by dashipa; 08-05-13 at 10:17 PM.
    08-05-13 09:44 PM
    I have to point out the poor battery of 99xx , no better than iphone
    08-06-13 04:05 AM

The whole battery thing must be hit or miss because I have to point out that the battery life on my 9930 is much better than any of my Androids or iPhone.
    08-06-13 09:14 AM
    The difference is that at least you can swap batteries on BBs and Android phones unlike on iPhone. I have seen way too many of my iPhone users begin to panic when their iPhones show low battery and there isn't an AC plug in sight. And as another poster mentioned, it depends on how you use your phone. If you are a heavy user, you tend to carry an extra battery and top off when you can. It obviously helps to carry around a car charger in your vehicle among other battery saving tips. When I know I'm going to be away from an outlet for a while, I remember to carry an extra battery and top off as much as possible.

And OP, welcome back
    08-06-13 10:18 AM
    The whole battery thing must be hit or miss because I have to point out that the battery life on my 9930 is much better than any of my Androids or iPhone.
    actually I get better battery life than my android phone. plus the battery stays very cool compared to the andriod. I had to have like 2 spare batteries to keep going if was doing some serious texting and net surfing.

the other thing that I like is that the 9930 charges super fast!!
    08-06-13 09:25 PM
    I have had a 9930 following a curve. like it very much. Have thought about the playbook but don't know much about it. ??
    jmdolman likes this.
    08-06-13 09:51 PM
40 12