Well, anyway last night I went to see Funny People (great movie) and walking out of the theater it was absolutely down pouring... right about that time is when I realized I had left my sun roof open and my Bold was sitting in a pseudo cup holder...directly under the sun roof... fml.

So I pulled the battery out right away and dried it off and then drove home and put it in rice immediately. If this story couldn't get any worse I somehow switched off the automatic shut off on the headlights of my car and so when I got up at work at 4.30a this morning after getting home from the movie at 2a, my car had died. I also can't seem to find the back cover to the Bold. Hopefully my Bold can be saved... it wasn't THAT wet when I grabbed it... but who knows.. water+Bold+my car+leaving headlights on+plus losing my back cover+4.30a work= epic fail.
    08-01-09 02:58 PM
    Oh wow, that sucks! I watched Funny People last night too!! "I thought Jews dont like to be put on lists" HAHAHA, that made me laugh so hard my friend had to shut me up. Anyways, sorry to hear what happened.
    08-01-09 03:00 PM
    My first thought was: how did he go in to a theatre and leave his phone in the car? And, what does it feel like to be that FAR away from the BB in the first place???

Good luck with this man!
    08-01-09 03:00 PM
    Well, anyway last night I went to see Funny People (great movie) and walking out of the theater it was absolutely down pouring... right about that time is when I realized I had left my sun roof open and my Bold was sitting in a pseudo cup holder...directly under the sun roof... fml.

So I pulled the battery out right away and dried it off and then drove home and put it in rice immediately. If this story couldn't get any worse I somehow switched off the automatic shut off on the headlights of my car and so when I got up at work at 4.30a this morning after getting home from the movie at 2a, my car had died. I also can't seem to find the back cover to the Bold. Hopefully my Bold can be saved... it wasn't THAT wet when I grabbed it... but who knows.. water+Bold+my car+leaving headlights on+plus losing my back cover+4.30a work= epic fail.
    Seems like you've been having a run of bad luck lately. Hope things get better soon!
    08-01-09 03:14 PM
    I phone never leaves my side. How can you leave your phone in the car? I'd be afraid of some prowler breakinng into my car and nabbing my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:27 PM
    Well that is the other thing... it is completely unlike me to leave my phone in my car especially in a spot that is easily visible... This whole thing is an anomaly to how I normally act which is why it is so frustrating.

Sooo I turned my phone on and it seems to be working perfectly normal... I'm going to wipe it and reload the OS just to make sure, for some reason people have said before that wiping can solve problems with the keys acting up.
    08-01-09 04:33 PM
    My first thought was: how did he go in to a theatre and leave his phone in the car? And, what does it feel like to be that FAR away from the BB in the first place???

Good luck with this man!
    Agreed. I wasn't aware that people actually left their devices unattended for any designated period of time.
    08-01-09 04:55 PM
    dooode!!! that is unlucky! I feel for you.
    08-01-09 05:06 PM
    Glad it works. Mine decided to go swimming in a pool and its fine as well. Had some water under the screen but let it sit outside in the 90 degree heat for an hour and all was good.

08-01-09 08:00 PM
    Maybe he went into the theatre without his phone because, oh I don't know,
    he was going to sit and watch a movie? If someone leaves their phone in the
    car to watch a movie in a theatre I see nothing wrong with that.

Glad the phone is working OP.
    08-01-09 08:04 PM
    Thanks guys, phone is working 100%. Just ordered a new battery door from Amazon $10 shipped. Lucked out pretty hard on this one...
    08-01-09 10:22 PM
    that sucks. sounds like you had a crappy day. glad the phone works though :-)
    08-01-09 10:32 PM
    Maybe he went into the theatre without his phone because, oh I don't know,
    he was going to sit and watch a movie? If someone leaves their phone in the
    car to watch a movie in a theatre I see nothing wrong with that.

Glad the phone is working OP.
    I dunno bout you, but I use my phone while waiting for the movie to start. They let you in 15-20 mins early, perfect time to browse the web, play games or chit chat with the person I went to movie with. Its probably more weird to not bring your phone into a theater, than to bring one in.
    08-01-09 11:35 PM
    Man, you guys need to get away from your phones for a while...
    08-02-09 12:00 AM
    If I am out at the movies, I am probably not out with my kids. So it stays with me in the theatre, just on vibrate! In case I get a phone call from home
    08-02-09 01:13 AM
    I dunno bout you, but I use my phone while waiting for the movie to start. They let you in 15-20 mins early, perfect time to browse the web, play games or chit chat with the person I went to movie with. Its probably more weird to not bring your phone into a theater, than to bring one in.
    Congratulations.

08-02-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD