ok - my phone was fully charged (was charging on my laptop at the time) and I was whatsapping a friend and suddenly it just went black.
    No red light to indicate battery dying. Just black. Tried to take the battery out and restart but nothing. Tried taking the battery out for a bit
    and then putting it back - still nothing. Tried putting it on charge and still nothing.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Could the battery need to be replaced or what?? Its about a year old.
    05-08-13 09:54 AM
    I would say it's time for a new battery. My 9930 started acting up about a month ago. It would be fully charged and within minutes just shut itself off. The first time it happened I had to keep re-plugging it in before it would start to charge. I ordered a new battery off Amazon and it's been running fine ever since.
    Tamryn Lambson likes this.
    05-08-13 10:17 AM
    had the same problem, I just bought a new gold battery with 2430mah. Now the problems are gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-08-13 12:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Charged it overnight, woke up and the backlight wouldn't turn on, red light wasn't there, wouldn't connect to computer. I have multiple batteries, but nothing worked. I gave it to my VZW rep to see if he could fix it, but haven't heard back yet. I miss my 9930!!
    05-10-13 10:35 AM
    Same thing happened to my bold 9790 last year...I was watching tv and the led went off and the phone just shut off on its own..it had a full battery too. I tried to take the battery out, reseting it, plugging it into the desktop to restore or factory reset it but it didn't connect. I tried getting a new battery didn't work, I brought it to a phone repair place and they couldn't even fix it. I ended up just getting a Q10, and even now I have to go get it repaired cause it's so messed up
    01-05-14 03:17 PM