I know this issue has been beaten to death in this forum but I wanted to give you my own experience with the 9900.

Out of the box, I let the battery drain before charging. I then did a full charge. I let it drain completely before FULLY charging again. First day with full charge my battery was at 50% by lunch time.

I repeated this cycle all week and here I am on Saturday at 7pm EST and my battery is still at 60% since waking up at 7am. I am a moderate to heavy user by the way.

My device came out of the Box with Rogers .261 o/s. I use Facebook, The Score with push updates, Twitter BBM addict, 100% brightness and have been really getting to know my device today.

I know that by the time you guys read this you will already have had your devices for a few days but let the sucker run completely dry a few times followed by a full charge in the wall.

Hope that helps.

Really it has nothing to do with where your device or battery were made...the specs are all identical. Stop fretting about batteries that snuck past quality control. This is a much more robust piece of equipmant than what most of you are upgrading from and therefore requires more power. It really is THAT simple.

I'm dizzy with un-validated hypotheses trying to equate device and battery issues with country of origin.

What are we going to talk about when Berries start coming out of Argentina??
    Cheers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andy957 likes this.
    09-03-11 06:04 PM
    I am on 261 and have been using it for over 2 weeks. From a single charge over night I unplugged at about 7am to work and when I return home at 9pm plus I would consistently had 20 - 30% of juice left - not bad to me as I heavy bbm and I exchange pictures over bbm a lot everyday. I had one colleague who complained to me his 9900 battery sucks. I asked him to show me his bold thinking of trying to help. It was noon and his battery indicator is about 60%. I asked him why he thinks his battery sucks. He said it only left 60%. For goodness sake I told him you had the bold for half day the battery sure drop what did you expect? He said why battery had dropped to 60% after half a day use? Wtf..I just wonder, some folks here just overblown the battery issue. The bold 9900 battery is not design to last days..it is good for a day for most people. Get the expectation right and I think complain will be less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bigpalm likes this.
    09-04-11 03:19 AM
    Theres gotta be a compromise somewhere.... if RIM had made a 1600mAh battery that lasted three days the phone would have to be bigger and then people would be complaining that the phone is too big to use, pocket etc.

Cant win.

We should all know by now that a smartphone of any description is going to be power hungry.

I also use a Nokia E72, and to be fair, that battery does last for several days with little use but cant exactly put that in the same leauge as a BB.

Steve
    09-04-11 04:55 AM
    I think most people (including myself) are a bit disappointed because they came from a 9780-ish device...

I have had MAJOR battery issues with the pe-installed .269 when I bought my 9900 2 weeks ago.
    But since I went back to .261 yesterday, it seems to have gotten much better!

- But I agree... you can't compare this hardware to the 9780 generation, so it's not really realistic to complain if the battery is only at 60% halfway the day.
    It's a bit disappointing when coming from a 9780 (speaking for myself here) where we were able to do like 3 full days on a single charge, to fall back to making it just throughout he day.
    But it's something we need to get used to, and personally for me it's ok.
    09-04-11 05:19 AM
    You know seidio will drop a new 1500-1700 oem fit battery and people will wonder why rim didn't put one in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 05:30 AM
    Do you think they can do that without increasing the battery size? Do you think it would fit perfectly with the cover?
    yes they can...
    the original 9780 battery has 1500mah, and i had the seidio innocell with the same size and 1750mah (and worked great)... i hope that seidio battery innocell for the 9900/9930 come soon to the market
    09-04-11 09:21 AM
    i used to be on 353. and downgraded.....to 261....much better Battery life time .
    09-04-11 09:26 AM
    I stopped running the social feeds app and only run FB and Twitter individually now. It seems to have helped, but I will know later today.
    09-04-11 09:34 AM
    yes they can...
    the original 9780 battery has 1500mah, and i had the seidio innocell with the same size and 1750mah (and worked great)... i hope that seidio battery innocell for the 9900/9930 come soon to the market
    when i hit them up on twitter they said "We have received requests and hear that an extended battery is needed, but I don't have any additional information now"
    09-04-11 10:39 AM
    People should stick to official O/S only by the way...no need to mess with anything that doesn't have an "official" stamp of approval.
    09-04-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD