Ok, not looking for hate mail here lol ok!!! I am just voicing my opinion on having used all three of the devices...

9860-while a great idea...epic fail. even tho i am a touch screen guy even trying to enter a PIN simply was too long of a task...compacted reduced keyboard/suretype was too tight together. Display, quite nice and does hold nice in the hand. touchscreen responsive and nice to use. as reviews said, not for heavy emailers/txts....errors galore.

9900-i had a 9000...honestly, yes it is amazing keyboard but the device is 'almost' to thin to really enjoy it. the original yes was a little bulky but darn it was a good overal package. But the thin design at least for me with avg sized hands was awkward to hold. i see no point in the touchscreen...too small and just another awkward way to hold the phone to get your thumb up there. Suuuuper light and thin + or - depends on your view.

9810-ok yes its faster and has a better display, but to fork over 599 its not worth it. .600 for me is running amazing and if not faster than the BB7! and the worst part about it was how SLIPPERY the satin finish was and felt ever so cheap. The new 'playbook' keyboards are again smaller than OS6 and i will admit possibly more accurate. 9800 hands down more solid and 'expensive'. great keyboard. Virtual i'm 50/50 on. yup its heavy but gives substance.

Don't get me wrong, i love BB and gadgets and its just my opinion but i was very very very disappointed in the latest offerings. Lets hope QNX devices kick some serious ****. For new comers to BB then it probably will be a joygasm! They all have the plus and minuses thats for sure.

The end result, I am keeping my 9800 until it dies and may even look at buying another one just to keep on hand so when the fateful day comes it can be reborn LOL. I see no reason to upgrade just for the software, not worth it and there is a difference in speed obviously but not that much to fork out close to 700 bucks.

To each their own and proud owners of a new BB, i know i was excited to use each one!!! But was quickly saddened compared to my 9800. we all have unique tastes and needs and use what is right for YOU.

Has anyone else been upset by the latest releases? I know all the other mfgr's of android phones come out with new ones each week but is a 4+inch screen really practical to carry around? and they are dull looking lol...ya i have used a galaxy at one point that was lent to me.....

Once again just my opinion in having high hopes for RIM but a fellow user has been disappointed. All good devices, just not worthy upgrades i think.
    09-03-11 09:17 PM
    ...and i wish they would have a 99.00 fire sale on the Playbook! so they could move more units.
    09-03-11 09:19 PM
    You couldn't just edit your original post? You had to go with the cheesy "bump" ...

I love my 9900. Upgraded from my first BB - the Curve 8530. To each his own I guess.
    09-03-11 09:26 PM
    good view points from a 9800 user.my opinion-i agree that the 9860 could have been better,9900's thinness i like, 9800 is not more solid than 9810.9810 beats the **** out of the 9800.you can use the 9800 battery door on the 9810.many 9800 users who chose to upgrade to the 9810 have done exactly that.but yep your right-to each their own.maybe you will have better luck with qnx.

^99.00 fire sale for pb?not a chance.rim is not going crazy like hp is with its discontinued touchpad.
    09-03-11 09:30 PM
    RIM should never offered the OS 7 devices with QNX around the corner. Someone at headquarters is not thinking right!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tkwolf likes this.
    09-03-11 09:54 PM
    Remember though, that OS 7 devices were supposed to be out Q2, but had a lengthy delay due to carrier testing.

When you consider that QNX devices wont be ready until at least Q1 2012 (probably more like Q2/Q3) does it really make since that RIM would not have offered a new Berry between the Torch in Q4 2010 and the QNX Device in Q1 2012?

Thats a long time to go without new handsets to offer. I don't think they had a choice. There is always gonna be something bigger and better coming down the pipe ...
    09-03-11 11:13 PM
    I'm not really arguing....but I'm curious
    9860: Did you try it in landscape. I use my Storm 99% of the time in landscape.

9900: You must not be into Blackberry cases as these can add thickness to any device.

9810: At telus, its the same price for a 9800 and a 9810, LOL. Kinda funny, but yeah, you can get a used 9800 for pretty cheap these days (300$).

The addition of a faster cpu, better web browser, magnetometer or NFC(in the bold) doesn't float your boat enough eh? I see your points though.
    09-03-11 11:50 PM
    RIM should never offered the OS 7 devices with QNX around the corner. Someone at headquarters is not thinking right!
    Love armchair CEOs!
    OS7 is awesome!
    Who will build QNX phones when they lay off everyone between now and then?
    QNX phones might not have the same target market as keyboard BBs

Starts to get complicated when you start to think about it doesn't it.
    09-04-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD