I don't when this happened, but within the last 24hrs or so I think...

When I make a call, "my number" that shows up, is actually NOT my number????????!!!!!!!!!!

If I call my 9650 from a desk phone, with my actual number, it rings no problem.

If I even call my desk phone from my 9650, called ID shows up correctly as my actual number.

But for some reason, the BB lists "my number" as a different number. I don't have a google voice number or anything like that.

So, um... WTF????????????
    05-27-10 09:01 AM

When I make a call, "my number" that shows up, is actually NOT my number????????!!!!!!!!!!

If I call my 9650 from a desk phone, with my actual number, it rings no problem.

If I even call my desk phone from my 9650, called ID shows up correctly as my actual number.

But for some reason, the BB lists "my number" as a different number. I don't have a google voice number or anything like that.

Where did you buy the phone from? call your carrier right away and ask them. good luck
    05-27-10 09:11 AM

Almost sounds like a provisnioning problem, Almost sounds like the phone was activated before, deactivated and then you bought it. I would def call sprint, let them know so they can reprovision it for you. (Sounds alot like a issue I had with a 8330m)
    05-27-10 09:15 AM

It's your alternate universe mi_canuck...the GOOD one's number! LMAO!!!!
    Gotta admit that's funny!!!!
    j/k btw
    05-27-10 09:15 AM
    Where did you buy the phone from? call your carrier right away and ask them. good luck
    I did... they are supposed to "fix" it...

What gets me is my number showed up correctly a couple days ago... this "glitch" is very recent...
    05-27-10 09:44 AM
    I did... they are supposed to "fix" it...

What gets me is my number showed up correctly a couple days ago... this "glitch" is very recent...
    Wow, let me know what happens. I am looking to upgrade to the Bold too with Sprint.
    05-27-10 10:00 AM
    Almost sounds like a provisnioning problem, Almost sounds like the phone was activated before, deactivated and then you bought it. I would def call sprint, let them know so they can reprovision it for you. (Sounds alot like a issue I had with a 8330m)
    well I redid the provisioning (options once in the mobile network options panel) and no go...

it's not a super big deal, as my number shows up correctly on caller ID on the receiving end, and if i call my actual number, my 9650 rings as it should... but it's just a weird twilight zone type of thing...

well the phone was activated with a number when I first got it, since I couldn't port my number until I actually received the phone... so I had to port after receiving... so maybe this is a result of that

but like I said... it showed up correctly prior to today, so I don't know what would have changed.... after porting, the phone showed my correct # when making calls (on the call screen)... everything was set correctly from then on... until this morning, when some unknown # was displaying...
    05-27-10 10:00 AM
    well I redid the provisioning (options once in the mobile network options panel) and no go...

it's not a super big deal, as my number shows up correctly on caller ID on the receiving end, and if i call my actual number, my 9650 rings as it should... but it's just a weird twilight zone type of thing...

well the phone was activated with a number when I first got it, since I couldn't port my number until I actually received the phone... so I had to port after receiving... so maybe this is a result of that

but like I said... it showed up correctly prior to today, so I don't know what would have changed.... after porting, the phone showed my correct # when making calls (on the call screen)... everything was set correctly from then on... until this morning, when some unknown # was displaying...
    I take it you didn't buy it from Sprint, can you share where you bought it?
    05-27-10 10:18 AM
    I did... Sprint online sales
    05-27-10 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD