thanks for the review.

any negatives about the phone?
    07-02-11 10:01 PM
    steady on there. Hardware is not all. It's also the software. It will take QNX to really lift RIM. That is, if it works well. We need apps. That is by far the biggest seller these days.

QNX will really have to prove itself on the mobiles, and will therefore have a slow start, but hopefully will get there.

Also, for rim to get in the race again, they will have to really deal with the poor management.

It will be a few years till rim make a come back. If they ever do. I hope they do!
    It'll give RIM the boost they need then that's what I ment. This is the start of a new beginning sorta
    07-02-11 10:18 PM
    thanks for the review.

any negatives about the phone?
    Well aside from the couple I mentioned, not really. If I had it for longer I'm sure I could nitpick it, but from an "average consumer standpoint" I can't find anything that would be a deal breaker or "huge shortcoming". I'm sure some reviews will pick it apart, but anyone can pick apart any device if you dig deep enough.
    I really wish I could have bridged to the pb. Thats an important feature that I use daily, and a test would have made my day.

max
    07-02-11 10:34 PM
    I couldn't get past the first paragraph with your writing style.

lol... i thought it was just me. Would someone like to summarize the review without all the f-bombs?
    07-02-11 10:51 PM
    Well aside from the couple I mentioned, not really. If I had it for longer I'm sure I could nitpick it, but from an "average consumer standpoint" I can't find anything that would be a deal breaker or "huge shortcoming". I'm sure some reviews will pick it apart, but anyone can pick apart any device if you dig deep enough.
    I really wish I could have bridged to the pb. Thats an important feature that I use daily, and a test would have made my day.

max
    Thanks Max, good to know there's no 'fatal' flaws with the 9900.

I wonder what engadget or bgr will write as a review for the device. I can think of one they are going to pick on...form factor.

I wish you has bridged the PB, I wonder if the speed is improved with the 9900.

I can't wait to pick mine up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    SharpieFiend likes this.
    07-02-11 11:35 PM
    Thanks for the review. I think the new Bold and my Playbook are going to make a good team, indeed.
    motor96 likes this.
    07-02-11 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the review. All the info floating around out there starts to get me excited for this device.

Then, I remember that I am on US Cellular and that I likely won't get the chance to buy it for probably 4 to 6 months after its released.

POP goes my bubble!

07-04-11 11:14 AM
    Does anyone know if the keyboard on the 9900 is as big as the one on the 9000 or is it more like the 9700?
    07-04-11 02:05 PM
    Does anyone know if the keyboard on the 9900 is as big as the one on the 9000 or is it more like the 9700?
    Reviews said the keyboard is more like the 9000.
    07-04-11 02:11 PM
    Its way more 9000 than 9780.

Max

07-04-11 04:26 PM
    nice write up, but if you want to be taken seriously, you should compose it better and now swear so much. Your 'review' felt like more of a rant with too much swearing.

maybe this will help

07-04-11 04:32 PM
    nice write up, but if you want to be taken seriously, you should compose it better and now swear so much. Your 'review' felt like more of a rant with too much swearing.

maybe this will help
    Thank you. I don't really care to be taken all that seriously on the blog... I have devices, I rant about them, people read and hopefully laugh(and learn a little). There are too many bland, boring reviews of devices, and my blog steers away from that on purpose. Anything written below doesn't pertain to you (Fubaz), but for the few emails I got from people who said the F word offended them.

For the "too many F bomb" crowd:

Name: Angry Smartphone Guy. Emphasis on Angry

disclaimer: The Angry Smartphone Guy: A Foreword, and Forewarning

For the tl;dr crowd:
    If a few "F" words offend you, I invite you to press the close tab button right now. If however you have a twisted sense of humor and a deeply rooted anger at just about everything (but still manage to smile at life), read on, you'll enjoy it here I promise.

This isn't Popular Mechanics.... It's the Angry Smartphone Guy. (HTC Sensation 4G Rant coming this week!)

Max
    07-04-11 06:15 PM
    i think this is a new beginning for RIM. I seen a video on this forum and it was iphone 4 vs 9900 web browser. 9900 won! with time to spare! with the new curve,torch and the full touch screen one i think RIM by next year will be back in the smartphone race!
    Take it with a grain of salt because the iphone 4 is a year old and this is a brand new blackberry, I want to see how it compares to the iphone 5 and new androids (even tho I really don't like androids that much)

07-14-11 03:16 AM
    Anyone who wants to read a full review on the 9900, check this out (http://www.digitallife.gr/first-revi...ld-touch-9900/). I know it's all Greek to you guys, but there is always google translate. If u have any questions I can help with, just ask. IMO, the 9900 is the best phone ever made by RIM up to now of course, since the 9000. No roblems whatsoever, but the battery could be better. Only 1230mAh for some reason. Not dissapointing, but not as good as the 9700/9780. Hope you enjoy the review and the vid!

(Full review of the 9860 coming soon, including video!)

Sent from my 9860 Monza/Monaco/Torch Touch!
    Last edited by tfd1978; 07-14-11 at 03:34 AM.
    07-14-11 03:32 AM
    Anyone who wants to read a full review on the 9900, check this out (�”οκιμάζο�…με �€ρ�Ž�„οι �ƒ�„ην �•λλάδα �„ο BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 | Digital Life). I know it's all Greek to you guys, but there is always google translate. If u have any questions I can help with, just ask. IMO, the 9900 is the best phone ever made by RIM up to now of course, since the 9000. No roblems whatsoever, but the battery could be better. Only 1230mAh for some reason. Not dissapointing, but not as good as the 9700/9780. Hope you enjoy the review and the vid!

(Full review of the 9860 coming soon, including video!)

Sent from my 9860 Monza/Monaco/Torch Touch!
    Gotta say... As someone who is not the least bit familiar with Greek and therefore has no context with which to interpret these translations; They're hilarious.

"OK, you say and what happened. Gradually the eggs."

"You tell me and what we care about us, my friend? Who are you? The face of the month and our cutters how often you put the laundry?"
    07-14-11 05:20 AM
    This is what google translate came up with??? Hahahahahhaahaaa... OMG!!!! That's... hilarious as u said... I'll do my best to translate it for all of you guys, so it makes sense... I'm still laughing.... :-)

Sent from my white iPhone 4, using Tapatalk.
    07-14-11 08:36 AM
    LMAO! I love your review! Now I really can't wait for this phone to come out!!! I'm so excited!
    07-14-11 01:02 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD