Good god ladies and gentlemen. Its a beast. I'm not just saying that because I'm pandering to the masses... this thing is a monster.

It's got a feel to it that Blackberry needed. It's solid, refined, and feels like a friggin flagship device should.

I almost feel bad using my 9780 and feel worse calling my phone a Bold. It pales, PALES in comparison to the 9900. When this thing comes out, our collective excitement might just end time itself.

Even the pre-release software was solid. Not rock solid, but I have used some official release OS versions on my Bold and Torch that had more issues than this thing had. I'd be happy with it just the way it was.

The RIM dude was paranoid, I'm talking PARANOID about guarding the device. I had to give up every single piece of electronic gadgetry on me, and sit in a room while he held onto my assets (thaaaats what she said).

More after the jump.

The Angry Smartphone Guy: The Blackberry 9900

max
    06-30-11 08:53 PM
    thats funny because i was given one for a week. i didn't give anything. not even a sig on an agreement
    06-30-11 08:55 PM
    szparaj why don't you make an extended video of the phone showing everything from beginning to end so we don't have to ever look for another video again lol
    06-30-11 08:57 PM
    Good god ladies and gentlemen. Its a beast. I'm not just saying that because I'm pandering to the masses... this thing is a monster.

It's got a feel to it that Blackberry needed. It's solid, refined, and feels like a friggin flagship device should.

I almost feel bad using my 9780 and feel worse calling my phone a Bold. It pales, PALES in comparison to the 9900. When this thing comes out, our collective excitement might just end time itself.

Even the pre-release software was solid. Not rock solid, but I have used some official release OS versions on my Bold and Torch that had more issues than this thing had. I'd be happy with it just the way it was.

The RIM dude was paranoid, I'm talking PARANOID about guarding the device. I had to give up every single piece of electronic gadgetry on me, and sit in a room while he held onto my assets (thaaaats what she said).

More after the jump.

max
    Thank you for sharing. I am really psyched to use this phone and in particular the monster keyboard.
    lcooksey likes this.
    06-30-11 08:58 PM
    thats funny because i was given one for a week. i didn't give anything. not even a sig on an agreement

This guy was flipping his lid when I blinked the wrong way.... "I'll need your Bold and Playbook, also anything in your pockets has to come out. Sit right there and when you're done, place it on the table". It was worse than a secondary TSA screening.

I did steal his Blackberry pen though

max
    suself and sg8330 like this.
    06-30-11 09:00 PM
    szparaj why don't you make an extended video of the phone showing everything from beginning to end so we don't have to ever look for another video again lol
    ok will do. i will then make a remix of the extended version .... oh wait the battery is dead ... didn't even get 12 hours
    06-30-11 09:03 PM
    This guy was flipping his lid when I blinked the wrong way.... "I'll need your Bold and Playbook, also anything in your pockets has to come out. Sit right there and when you're done, place it on the table". It was worse than a secondary TSA screening.

I did steal his Blackberry pen though

max
    hahaha thats funny and exciting at the same time i am sure.
    06-30-11 09:04 PM
    My trophy:

max
    06-30-11 09:11 PM
    That BlackBerry pen is awesome haha! So wait i dont get it, all you have to do is walk into RIM headquarters (canada?) and ask to play with the new Bold Touch? Then give them all your belongings in order to play with it?
    06-30-11 09:19 PM
    That BlackBerry pen is awesome haha! So wait i dont get it, all you have to do is walk into RIM headquarters (canada?) and ask to play with the new Bold Touch? Then give them all your belongings in order to play with it?

No I wasn't at RIM. I have been there, and holy crap you'd have to first find which of the 16 or so buildings is the correct one, and then beg and plead to just sniff a box containing what could be a phone... Not worth it.

max
    06-30-11 09:24 PM
    oh ok, im guessing you know a RIM employee nice enough to let you use it haha
    06-30-11 09:28 PM
    oh ok, im guessing you know a RIM employee nice enough to let you use it haha

Yeah I know several. Not all of them get the new latest and greatest. One of the guys I know is using a Storm2 still. A few are programmers, but the golden ticket RIM dude is the Carrier Product rep. He has everything and probably has knowledge that any of us would give limbs to know. I don't know him all that well (the programmers are actual friends who set this up for me), but the more I get to know him, the more we will all benefit.

He would not comment on a release date.

max
    06-30-11 09:34 PM
    Well dang, this is starting to look better and better all the time. I'm happily optimistic - thank you Max !!
    06-30-11 09:51 PM
    So that was probably 1 of the best and funniest reviews I have ever read!!!
    06-30-11 10:25 PM
    makes me more excited for this phone..it's been rumored for couple months and lost my excitement.. but reading these threads makes it all excited again

anyway a funny review..
    Max_Powers likes this.
    07-01-11 05:58 AM
    ok will do. i will then make a remix of the extended version .... oh wait the battery is dead ... didn't even get 12 hours
    wait what? what didnt get 12 hours? the 9900?

tell me about the battery liiifffeeeee
    07-01-11 07:50 AM
    I'm going to try to work some magic to get one for a few days. I sure as **** won't ask the RIM guy I dealt with yesterday though lol. I mean if HTC can hand me a pre launch Sensation 4G and walk away without a word, why can't RIM?? (Wishful thinking I know)

Max

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 12:38 PM
    Appreciate the review. I'm looking forward to seeing this phone. When it's released, I will definitely take a long hard look at it.
    07-01-11 08:33 PM
    Appreciate the review. I'm looking forward to seeing this phone. When it's released, I will definitely take a long hard look at it.
    no iphone 5?? I really hope the 9930 does well and it's a new beginning!!
    07-01-11 08:41 PM
    no iphone 5?? I really hope the 9930 does well and it's a new beginning!!
    Hmmm... Yes I will be checking out the new iPhone also. The 9900 sounds intriguing, but I don't see myself leaving the iPhone for it. If I was using a blackberry, this phone would be top priority, and on my wish list. Nice looking phone.
    07-01-11 09:38 PM
    i think this is a new beginning for RIM. I seen a video on this forum and it was iphone 4 vs 9900 web browser. 9900 won! with time to spare! with the new curve,torch and the full touch screen one i think RIM by next year will be back in the smartphone race!
    07-01-11 09:46 PM
    i think this is a new beginning for RIM. I seen a video on this forum and it was iphone 4 vs 9900 web browser. 9900 won! with time to spare! with the new curve,torch and the full touch screen one i think RIM by next year will be back in the smartphone race!
    steady on there. Hardware is not all. It's also the software. It will take QNX to really lift RIM. That is, if it works well. We need apps. That is by far the biggest seller these days.

QNX will really have to prove itself on the mobiles, and will therefore have a slow start, but hopefully will get there.

Also, for rim to get in the race again, they will have to really deal with the poor management.

It will be a few years till rim make a come back. If they ever do. I hope they do!
    07-01-11 10:14 PM
    I couldn't get past the first paragraph with your writing style.
    07-02-11 10:18 AM
    sounds good thanks man!!
    07-02-11 11:30 AM

More after the jump.

max
    Perfect review....perfect.

No whining about an icon that was not color balanced right, or complaining the OS is familiar like most reviews. Tells it how it is. BAM.

Thank you.
    07-02-11 04:38 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD