Hi all,

I post this question on BlackBerry's Tour forum but I think it would be better if I have my post here as well. I am confusing between those two above. It appears to me that the Tour is slightly better (for example: the OS, the camera, the memory are all better than the Bold); but the lack of wifi bothers me. I intend to use it here for several months and then bring it back to my country where the 3G network is on its way to the market but not sure the exact time yet. So, could you please give me your opinion on this topic, which one do you think is better? Also, do you guys actually use the wifi a lot?

Thanks so much in advance.
    07-22-09 12:17 AM
    If you need wifi the answer is Bold. My two cents
    07-22-09 12:35 AM
    Bold. Same reason....for the wifi!
    07-22-09 12:47 AM
    I dont use Wifi at all. But thats because 3G is so good in my area.
    07-22-09 12:48 AM
    I use wifi a lot because of issues with 3G reception in UK, choice depends on your country or carrier 3G capabiities

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:04 AM
    I don't use Wifi, but, that's a complicated story...the way the people in my house have the router set up so that one person can work from home, makes it to where I can't access my router.

It's much more complicated and annoying than that, but that's basically it.

I enjoy EDGE and 3G though.

If you seriously want Wifi, I'd go with the Bold.
    07-22-09 01:10 AM
    I'm living in Turkey, 3G will start at 31st July, but I'm very happy with Edge, not using Wi-Fi so much.

But my first choice is Bold. Better than Tour.

07-22-09 06:12 AM
    I'd pick bold as I use the wifi most of the time
    07-22-09 06:34 AM
    Apparently, the schism is WiFi (Bold) or no WiFi (Tour). You need to figure out which you want and whether or not it is a dealbreaker.

My choice is clear. As my carrier is cdma, Im going to pick the Tour.
    07-22-09 06:48 AM
    Since I use WiFi a lot I would suggest the Bold. However as johntkong said, consider your needs. Will you be needing WiFi, or do you simply want to have just in case. Review what suits you best.

07-22-09 07:58 AM
    First time user means you won't really have need for the "Power" of the Bold. And since you said 3G is great in your area, I don't think you'll be needing WiFi either.

Though it really helps when you are overseas. I just use skype over wifi and save on the roaming/data costs.

With the Tour you get more app memory, better camera, etc...
    With the bold, you have better processor, and wifi.
    07-22-09 08:51 AM
    Thanks everyone for your inputs. I would like to ask that if taking the wifi out, which phone do you think is better? Also, I still wonder about the apps that can be used on Bold and Tour. Do they need 3G or Wifi to work or the apps could use without them? How about the upgrading process, do I need to have 3G or wifi in order to upgrade the OS system or it could be done manually if it happens?
    07-22-09 12:40 PM
    From what I've read into, the phones seem to be about equal. I have no problem with the app memory on my Bold and I have a few installed (Viigo, Bolt, Google Maps, BB Filescout, Myspace, Facebook, Wikimobile, Youtube, Quickpull, Scrabble, and a few more). The cameras are really the same, just 3.2 mp pics look better on a small screen (mp are only size, and have no effect on pic quality at full size). The Bold has a slightly better processor, but will you really notice the difference? Some people prefer the Tour for it's look over the Bold too.

All OS upgrades can be done via PC, so there's no issue there. Most apps need an internet connection, but not 3G.

The biggie is, when you go home and want to get 3G...will it be GSM? Get a Bold... CDMA? Get a Tour.
    07-22-09 01:22 PM
    i wuld say tour but it all depends on ur location
    07-22-09 01:27 PM
    The biggest difference between the 2 phones is the networks they can be used on. When you do go back overseas will you be using a GSM carrier or a CDMA carrier? The Bold is GMS, the Tour is CDMA.
    07-22-09 02:24 PM
    The phones are basically the same... I like the size of the Bold more but it really comes down to GSM vs CDMA.
    07-22-09 02:30 PM
    Depends who you like AT&T or Verizon?
    Depends what you like Wifi or no Wifi?
    Depends how you like your camera 2mp or 3.2?

I personally would jump to a Tour in a heartbeat, but the problem is I love the availabilty of WiFi. But it's on what you like the difference between the two is not a huge difference so its all on what carrier you like?

07-22-09 03:32 PM
    you can change the settings on the Bold to auto switch from 2G(EDGE) and 3G, the post is on CB, i am waiting for the Oynx, new Bold, to come out so i got a Bold to try it out, i had a Storm, and since i had a Curve i missed my QWERTY, but also wanted to see what wifi and 3G were all about, so far i love it, can type much faster than on my storm.
    07-22-09 06:17 PM
    Just get the bold especially if you're saying the lack of WiFi bothers you.
    07-22-09 06:36 PM
    The biggest difference between the 2 phones is the networks they can be used on. When you do go back overseas will you be using a GSM carrier or a CDMA carrier? The Bold is GMS, the Tour is CDMA.
    the tour also has GSM freq ..but i would get the bold i just like att better.
    07-22-09 06:50 PM
    I say go with the Bold but I'm biased so what do I know?

07-22-09 06:57 PM
    If your looking for a world phone then get the tour.

If your looking for WIFI get the bold.

Both phones are extremely awsome, but i love my bold .... and i also am wanting tour for world phone usage and also cause i want both phones.

So there .... buy both phones.....
    07-22-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD