1. rorosz's Avatar
    i just noticed two strange things in my Bold. One is that some days it just discharges faster than others with no higher or unusual app activity...
    The second one is that because of the former I have the thing recharging with the wall charger, and when I touch around the trackball, the metal ring is giving me a light shock!. Anyone have this happen to them, or is my Bold REALLY trying to kill me?
    07-02-09 03:54 PM
  2. silence69's Avatar
    Your bold is faulty. Return it and get a replacement. Under no circumstances should your phone have a short circuit

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 04:09 PM
  3. rorosz's Avatar
    Nope, I live in So. Florida and yesterday the humidity felt like it was 390%! :-) Actually I was outside so no dry air whatsoever.
    After several battery pull-outs I had to recharge it 3 times just yesterday.
    Does JUST receiving ~20 SMS do the drain so fast?
    This is really strange!
    07-03-09 12:15 PM
  4. LittleRedDot's Avatar
    I've read a few threads like this and the best possible advice is to take it back. You shouldn't get any sass with a shorted phone.

    On a side note, this little shock is harmless. It would take tens of thousands of bold batteries to crank your car, and car batteries are pretty much harmless.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 12:55 PM
  5. skullgame45's Avatar
    Lol, sounds to me like your Bold is a Decepticon!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skullgame45; 07-03-09 at 01:15 PM.
    07-03-09 12:58 PM
  6. cablaza's Avatar
    in terms of your battery leaks, do you make sure to close apps correctly?
    07-03-09 01:10 PM
  7. rorosz's Avatar
    Yes, I close or exit apps I don't use.
    Right now I'm clocking about less than 6 hours to full discharge and I haven't even used the phone today, i.e. no calls, just receiving e-mails, no SMSs, no surfing.
    I also put a voltmeter to see if I could register any voltage, and thought it didn't register I still feel the little jolts... Oh yeah, also the phone seems to be running a little hotter than usual...
    07-03-09 07:35 PM
  8. crysis63's Avatar
    if the screen on your bold gets too hot because of the overheating of the phone your screen will melt away your pixels, this happened to someone.
    07-03-09 08:04 PM
  9. si_chindo's Avatar
    Man that's preTty strange...ur bold may be haunted.

    Anyways ur batt should last much longer than 6 hrs especially uf all u do is apprxox 20 mins.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:38 PM
  10. rorosz's Avatar
    Yeah, maybe is an allergic "berry" indigestion! :-)
    07-04-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD