Ok so it is showing a SOS signal for some reason.... not sure why?

What you all think?

Dirty Sim, Bad Sim.... ???

Network issues???

Only one GSM network here = Rogers ..... so no other to connect to SOS.
    06-07-09 04:34 PM
    I can't help ya on Rogers, but I get the same thing too (SOS) when I'm in a terrible coverage area...and i have AT&T. Sorry i'm no help but at least you have company in the boat.
    06-07-09 05:37 PM
    Thks...

I have been reading a lot on here about others in the past and present having such issues and it can be related to the following.

Bad coverage area = I am in a decent area where i live i get 1-2 bars signal all the time, but at times no service, but today SOS at times and like it has signals and POOF none = SOS.

It can also be a BAD sim = Dirty can't be read properly or the SIM itself is on the fritz.

It can be bad SIM locking device = the TAB holder is bent up a little to not make the SIM sit in snug... I pushed it down a little before putting sim back in.

It also can be OS related or what have you, corrupted file.

I have wipe my UNIT just now right to the point of 507 error = Nuked......

No worries as i know how to get it back to normal in which i did a FRESH OS install of .266 OS, love this OS using it for about 1 month now or so.

I was wanting to do a fresh install soon again anyways..

I also cleaned the SIM card with some Cleaning Solution that i use for my LCD monitor.... yeah it is SAFE ... i hope..

It can also just be NETWORK related Glitching... = Rogers fudging up things again.... LOL

I will respond after i test some more.
    06-07-09 05:50 PM
    I also cleaned the SIM card with some Cleaning Solution that i use for my LCD monitor.... yeah it is SAFE ... i hope..
    I will respond after i test some more.
    ouch...yeah, definitely NOT recommended lol... good luck with it though.

now I got the Message in a Bottle song by The Police in my head (I'll send an SOS...) thanks
    06-07-09 06:44 PM
    My sim card has 3 grooves in it, from the actual tabs it slides on, can this cause this ISSUE?

Cleaning the SIM and a Fresh OS install, plus readding all my third party apps from backup and adding all messages and so forth = still same thing, SOS where SOS was never ever before.

I even got the SOS before adding all my APPS back and so forth, so I am stumped.

I think its the SIM itself, but it could be Rogers.
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-07-09 at 06:58 PM.
    06-07-09 06:50 PM
    Where are you located? I am on Rogers and no service issues today near me.
    06-07-09 06:55 PM
    Not sure How Rogers does things? But with At&t whenever my SIM card looked like it was in bad shape, due to me constantly swapping out phones. I went ahead and asked for another one with no issues.
    06-07-09 07:12 PM
    Where are you located? I am on Rogers and no service issues today near me.
    I wish not to state, but i am in between WAWA and Sudbury.... lol

Only one major town between them.
    06-07-09 07:43 PM
    Not sure How Rogers does things? But with At&t whenever my SIM card looked like it was in bad shape, due to me constantly swapping out phones. I went ahead and asked for another one with no issues.
    I called Rogers up just a few min ago and all they did was reset the network activation.

The sim is scratched up as i swapped it out a few times, it has the three grooves on it.

Now rogers stated that i must or may or maybe have to PAY for a new sim, well if so i guess i will change my number while i do so....

The sim WORKS as i talked on it and still do, but it seems to lose connection.. like 1-2 bars signal .... then POOF SOS signal only so far in my bedroom..... WHICH has never occured until Today... usually it states searching for network and then No Service..... but never SOS till today.

It just did it again 4 min ago found network 1-2 bars, POOF SOS for like 2-3 min .. then found network again 1-2 bars.... and still is connected 1-2 bars as i type this.... but we will see if an SOS again occurs.

Note: Phone has not been moved from its location when doing this.
    06-07-09 07:47 PM
    Good morning all.

Ok i woke up after testing this out last night and when the phone is near my PC it connects to network 1-3 bars and at times within 1-2 min it will SOS .. reconnect in a few min .. and stay connected for say 15-30 min.... then lose connection ... then SOS again.

Thats right near my PC ... i never have had this Issue Before. only would not finf network say and show No Service.. but never SOS.

This morning samething.... at PC.

BUT ........ if i place the phone 3 feet from the PC it picks up the signal and its a 3 bar signal.... and has remained 3 bars as i type this for 10 min so far.

Werid..... eh?

If i go outside the phone is still connected, but usually 1-2 bars and at times will lose the signal and do a search, but usually reconnects... (NO SOS signal) and even this morning again outside NO SOS.

I am on the EDGE network in my TOWN... there is no 3G here as of yet.

Werid thing happened to me last night when the phone connected it shows GSM>>>> for like 40 secs before showing edge.....

I am wondering if hmmm rogers is playing around with 3G here now in my TOWN..... WOOT >>> if so that would be AWESOME.

I still not sure 100% why i get SOS signal now and never have had it before.... werid.
    06-08-09 06:59 AM
    Ok i just figure that sitting by PC now is the issue as when outside or going anywhere i stay connected 95% of the time no SOS.

Its just werid as it never use to do a SOS before around my PC... now it does if its right on my PC desk, but 3 feet NP's it stays connected for hours.
    06-08-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD