Yesterday while streaming Pandora and browsing SMS, etc., my Bold's screen just turned into white static out of nowhere. It wouldn't respond to anything, yet Pandora kept streaming perfectly. After a minute I just decided to pull the battery.

All has been fine since that happened. Should I be worried?

I have a brand new 8900 Curve coming from T-Mobile which I bought for $190 shipped as an upgrade for being a customer with them. I bought it with the intention of selling it, but now I think I want to keep THAT and sell the Bold. I'm guessing the Bold issue I had is really a non-issue. I am not sure.

I'd like the Curve just for the sake of owning a new Blackberry as I purchased my Bold used =) What would you guys do?
    06-17-09 03:20 PM
    Some were reporting this on 266.
    06-17-09 03:23 PM
    Well whaddya know. I'm running .266.
    06-17-09 03:35 PM
    Well whaddya know. I'm running .266.
    Did you try 247? I saw somewhere else your memory is sucking too.
    06-17-09 03:40 PM
    Yeah memory sucks. I tried to install 247 but DM 4.7 is so laggy and it said unable to update software (error or something) and yes I deleted vendor.xml and i even used loader.exe. yes i installed the OS's exe file once downloaded. I will try it again
    06-17-09 04:22 PM
    Yeah memory sucks. I tried to install 247 but DM 4.7 is so laggy and it said unable to update software (error or something) and yes I deleted vendor.xml and i even used loader.exe. yes i installed the OS's exe file once downloaded. I will try it again
    Use 4.6 and Crackmem, great combo.
    06-17-09 04:23 PM
    Ok thanks I'll try that out. Looks like Crackmem is an installer? I searched but all I found was instructions on how to install it. I imagine it helps you install an OS to the phone??
    06-17-09 05:02 PM
    My gf is on her 3rd bold waiting for replacement from rogers. White screens and random reboots no matter what os. Poor quality device if you ask me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 05:12 PM
    Ok thanks I'll try that out. Looks like Crackmem is an installer? I searched but all I found was instructions on how to install it. I imagine it helps you install an OS to the phone??
    Not really. It has a list of OS's, so you select one to work with. Then it has a list of things you can delete, like VVM, vendor file, demo media, etc. You tell it to remove from the installer, then you hit another button that launches the app loader to install the OS. Nothing real involved, it just makes it much easier. Nice little program.
    06-17-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD