My Bold was running a little slow this morning. No big deal, I just do a battery pull as I do about once a week or so. Only this time when I put the battery back in, it just stayed blank. No red light or anything. Tried plugging it in hoping to jump start it but no luck. Went by the att store and tried out a new battery and still nothing. Oh well. Not a whole lot I can do now about it. I am getting a new refurb under warrenty but not too excited about getting a refurb but better than using my Pearl as I am now. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Whould like to find a way to power it back up so I can at least back up my info.

In the mean time I am hoping to see my new Bold in the mail in a couple of days.

Mathrin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:48 PM
    Actually - I was on my 2nd refurb - kept having browser issues with the "Internal error, restarting system" thing. So actually - that error happened again and I went to do a battery pull and had the same thing that happened to you happen to me. Hoping AT&T Warranty dept will give me a new one or another PDA since I'm on my 3rd refurbished Bold. Hunk. Of. Junk.
    06-30-09 09:28 PM
    Never had a problem really. I try to avoid battery pulls to begin with, unless its absolutely necessary. To me its akin to yanking out the power cable to your computer while its in stand by and plugging it back in. You never know what will screw things up.

@LSULacey
    Sounded like you had a OS problem O.o a refresh of the OS probably would of worked.

I wish you luck! Sorry your on the Pearl... >.> I went back to mine for a day, and it was lovely, yes, but man... >.> ten minutes after new OS.
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 06-30-09 at 09:58 PM.
    06-30-09 09:53 PM
    My Bold was running a little slow this morning. No big deal, I just do a battery pull as I do about once a week or so. Only this time when I put the battery back in, it just stayed blank. No red light or anything. Tried plugging it in hoping to jump start it but no luck. Went by the att store and tried out a new battery and still nothing. Oh well. Not a whole lot I can do now about it. I am getting a new refurb under warrenty but not too excited about getting a refurb but better than using my Pearl as I am now. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Whould like to find a way to power it back up so I can at least back up my info.

In the mean time I am hoping to see my new Bold in the mail in a couple of days.

Mathrin

what is your free memory on day to day basis
    06-30-09 10:01 PM
    My memory will typically hover around the 18 to 20 mark but some days will just drop down to five Meg range. Never could figure out what causes it since it is not a regular thing. That's when I do a battery pull or reset. Battery pulls are usually done when the reset comes back slow as well.

Update on the phone is that the phone say over night with the battery out for no reason. I just decided to do it. Well out the battery in and it booted up as normal. Off to say the least. So going to back up the phone and put the original os on it and wait for the new one today.

Still the oddest thing I have had happen between my bold curve and pearl.
    Just need the refurb to last until the onyx comes out.

Mathrin

07-01-09 07:25 AM
    Well I got my new Bold in the mail and I am witing to use it till tonight where I can transfer my information over. I have to put .167 back on my old Bold before sending it back and then upload the newer OS again. This one seems to be doing alright but the buttons seem to be a lot louder than my original one. Now I have to go through the headache of getting new access codes to all my programs again seeing as they won't work with the new pin. But I am really gald to have my Bold back. Just one more day of Pearl usage and hoping that this phone will hold up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

07-02-09 08:57 AM
    Atleast you got a new bold :how did it go getting all your stuff on the new one?

07-02-09 11:10 AM
    oohh!
    may be you need a new bb. but about me, i really like blackberry bold hihi
    07-29-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD