I just got a Blackberry BOLD. As much as I love how sharp the picture is while watching a movie on BOLD at the same time I couldn't resist being annoyed for BOLD having yellowish background color tone. My blackberry Curve has a very pure white background color which I personally very much prefer.
    The problem with BOLD got worsened if the screen is set to 10 brightness and with auto-dim is set to ON. Do all BOLD come with such tonal screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jlingo; 09-20-08 at 03:51 AM.
    09-19-08 10:57 PM
    I don't have the issue you are referring too I'm gonna go out on a limb and say get a device swap if you can.
    09-20-08 12:19 AM
    You can adjust the brightness to 100. But if Bla1ze is correct then you will need to get a new device.
    09-20-08 12:30 AM
    I thought I would include a picture for better visualization.

09-20-08 03:48 AM
    its not massively yellow. To me it looks just how a new screen should do. nice and bright. To me it looks like the curves screen has slightly degraded over the time you have had it, hence the difference.
    09-20-08 05:02 AM
    It actually looks good to me. I keep mine on 100% brightness.
    09-20-08 05:08 AM
    Thanks for the input guys
    09-20-08 06:29 AM
    I have the Curve 8330 and encountering the same problem, I did a swap for an unrelated reason but my previous curve was much brighter and cooler in color temp. The new one actually bothers me a little because of the dimness and the yellowish hue on everything. Is this a hardware or software problem? In any case does anyone know of a solution? I don't really want to go back to sprint for another swap seeing as it would be the third one in three months!!!
    09-29-08 10:38 PM
    I swapped my Blackberry Bold and I still have the old one -- and there's a distinct difference in color tone. I decided to compare the new one I received with my co-worker, who has a Bold, and his is very very cool. MUch more so than my first one. Still haven't decided whether to keep or return
    11-28-08 02:49 PM
    Just got a replacement 8330. The yellow tinge was driving me bananas...(no pun intended....lol). So I googled it and I ended up here.

Read the thread and I think I'm going to ask for another replacement. However, I did lower the brightness to 60% and seems to have helped a little.

Thanks.

~JB~
    11-29-08 10:29 PM
    I got a swap phone from rogers, I mean 2(I returned the first one then got a second one). both of the swap phone have yellow screen like yours. SO I'm just wondering is there any updates from you? How did you deal with it?
    04-18-09 01:40 PM
    i just compared my BB bold with my friends bold and his has the same issue as the OP. where his screen has a yellow tint to it. im glad mine doesnt because it doesnt look very good. mine is even brighter than his and we both have the same brightness set at 100.

he said he liked his, maybe he got used to it. lol
    04-29-09 03:17 AM
    Compared mine to my friend's bold, mine has the yellow tint.
    04-29-09 08:06 AM
    Mine is not like that. It is a nice bright white.
    04-29-09 09:49 AM
    Ditto, mines nice and bright and crystal white. I guess to even the tables, the trackball on your bold is brighter than on your curve....
    04-29-09 11:31 AM
    I have exchanged a total of 5 Bolds for various reasons, and 3 out of the 5 had yellow screens just like that. It also just so happens that those units emitted a faint high pitched wine from the screen when illuminated.

They must be very common, because I actually sold my first, white temperature Bold to a person with a yellow screen, had a brief affair with an iPhone, and turned out to be lucky the first one they sent me this time was perfect / white temp / no buzz. Also before I ended up ordering the Bold I have now over the phone, I went to a store and did not buy the unit they had out for me there because it was also yellow!
    04-29-09 11:57 AM
    My Bold has the tint. Just compared it to my 8310 and the 8310 is much whiter. It doesn't really bother me.
    04-29-09 08:22 PM
    I also noticed the same thing. I just got a new bold and when comparing to the bold I already have, the new one has a yellowish screen light compared to the crystal clear white sreen of the old bold. At first I thought the new device was defective, then I've been told it's a device software issue, I changed my software version but it did not solve the issue.

So guys, what's with that difference in color? Is it a hardware or a software issue? It's driving me crazy...
    07-02-09 02:47 AM
    Mine is white light

07-02-09 05:00 AM
    Mine seems to be fine...I keep it on the 10% brightness level...I try to preserve battery life.

07-02-09 05:18 AM
    I just got a Blackberry BOLD. As much as I love how sharp the picture is while watching a movie on BOLD at the same time I couldn't resist being annoyed for BOLD having yellowish background color tone. My blackberry Curve has a very pure white background color which I personally very much prefer.
    The problem with BOLD got worsened if the screen is set to 10 brightness and with auto-dim is set to ON. Do all BOLD come with such tonal screen?

i dont have that issue as well, so i reckon there is sumthin wrong with yours
    07-02-09 06:51 AM
    maybe .. i dno .. i never notice these stuff ! maybe on white background ,,the menu .. u notice .. bs everything else .. its 100% gr8
    07-02-09 08:25 AM
    Yup I compared the Roger's Bold (LCD 002/004) vs the AT&T Bold (unknown LCD--didn't look) the the Roger's LCD was better by LEAPS AND BOUNDS. The AT&T bold made me sick. The LCD was washed out and not as bright, contrasty, or sharp. (perhaps the increased contrast gave the illusion of increased sharpness) Roger's Bolds are AWESOME. Build quality is way better too. I wrote a thread on this. look for it
    07-02-09 11:24 AM
    I've got two ATT bolds and both actually lean toward a blueish white tone. No yellow on either of mine, happy to say.
    07-02-09 12:27 PM
    I don't have one to compare mine to in person.
    07-02-09 12:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD