So I plugged my bold in and turned on Mass storage mode so I can put on some files. All of a sudden Norton pops up and tells me that it detects a trojan horse and I freaked out. I scanned my Blackberry through my computer and it detected a trojan horse. Should I be worried at all?
    07-20-09 03:59 PM
    I don't think the BB itself is infected with a virus. Maybe a file that you've ever put on it (assuming you have) was infected and it was being stored on the device. I think your BB is fine, but that's just my opinion. Let's wait for others opinions. This is interesting.
    07-20-09 04:01 PM
    So I plugged my bold in and turned on Mass storage mode so I can put on some files. All of a sudden Norton pops up and tells me that it detects a trojan horse and I freaked out. I scanned my Blackberry through my computer and it detected a trojan horse. Should I be worried at all?
    It's probably an infected file on your media card. As far as I know, their is no known virus for blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:03 PM
    I know it bugs me but I dont use a media card and the file that is infected is called "autorun", which I've never added to the phone manually. Maybe i talked to someone with a virus over Msn?
    07-20-09 04:06 PM
    don't know about the no known virus for BB. my buddy with a pearl was having problems, took it to verizon, they told him it was a virus and gave him a new device.
    07-20-09 04:06 PM
    don't know about the no known virus for BB. my buddy with a pearl was having problems, took it to verizon, they told him it was a virus and gave him a new device.
    Verizon reps have been known to spew out incorrect information.
    There are no known viruses for BBs currently.
    07-20-09 04:08 PM
    My phone has been working fine and everything but now I'm a little worried. I don't want to be spreading this to other people through emails if thats possible
    07-20-09 04:09 PM
    Format the card and rescan to be safe.
    07-20-09 04:11 PM
    Format the card and rescan to be safe.
    What card, I'm not using one so should I wipe the device and reinstall? [ugh, I don't want it to come to this.]
    07-20-09 04:13 PM
    Sorry, missed that.

Go here and download BBFilescout. It a free little program that let's you find files like Windows Explorer.
    BBFileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry® Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

See if you can find the file and delete it.
    07-20-09 04:15 PM
    Okay so instead I rescanned my phone and the file was called autorun.inf and so I made sure I could see all hidden files and folders but even after searching through every single folder, I could not find it. So I quarantined the file and after rescanning multiple times, it said no detected problems. I'm not sure if "quarantining" the file solves the problem, does it?
    07-20-09 04:33 PM
    just delete the "Autorun.inf" file from the BB device. Those files are used on cds and dvds to auto launch installation processes or just to automatically run applications when media is inserted.
    07-20-09 04:38 PM
    just delete the "Autorun.inf" file from the BB device. Those files are used on cds and dvds to auto launch installation processes or just to automatically run applications when media is inserted.
    but the thing is, I couldn't find it. Norton detected it but its not in any folder. I'm also not so sure if "quarantine" means the file was deleted :/
    07-20-09 04:41 PM
    Quarantine is essentially the deletion of an infected file, however a copy is saved to a secure location within the antivirus software itself so it can not do any harm.

If you quarantined the file than you should be safe and it will no longer be viewable/executable from your blackberry.
    07-20-09 09:33 PM
    I would really like to know where this "BB has never had a virus to date" comes from. Seems like it is just being regurgitated... I mean, if you can back that up, fine, but I think most can't.

You could always try this:

SMOBILE Systems

I tried it. I didn't think I had anything, just curious about it. It seemed to seriously drain my battery, but if you really think you have a virus or some sort of spyware/malware, it would be worth it just to remove it and delete or whatever.
    07-20-09 09:55 PM
    I've had this autorun virus before, basically what it is is whatever media card you plug in, USBs, microsd cards, any drive it will put a copy of itself on, the virus isn't on your blackberry but on your media card, in this case your microsd card, so if you plug your card into another computer it, it will replicate it self and put it onto the computers drives, you better get rid of it quick cause it spreads like wildfire if you do alot of transferring of files on different computers
    07-20-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD