Hello fellow crackberry members, im coming to you today for help with my blackberry bold. I called att and i got the unlock code for the bold. I put it in the code worked and i put my t mo sim card in and it worked but last friday it went into Sos mode and couldnt connect to the t mobile network anymore. I tried troubleshooting wit T mo, RIM, and my insurance company and nobody could make it work. I put my friends att sim in the bold and it worked perfectly. I check the phone and its still unlocked(disable is still next network). I only have t mobile service so i cant even get a new handset wit my insurance company. So im turning it over to you guys and girls at crackberry nation hopefully someone has a solution. Or even a method on how i can get a new handset with the warranty exchange. If it didnt work on att network i could easily tell my friend to take it to att under his number because he has att service but the bold works fine on att. Do you think att is cracking down on customers who ask for unlocked codes in the past? I dont know but im all ears guys
    05-30-09 08:58 AM
    Don't have any real advice. But every thread I've seen with an SOS error suggested getting a new SIM card (and IIRC, it worked the vast majority of times). I've read the Bold is very particular about its SIM card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:12 AM
    Yep, just go down and get a new sim.
    05-30-09 10:21 AM
    If you have afriend with T-Mo try their sim and see if it works. Probably your Sim.

05-30-09 12:17 PM
    This used to happen when I had my curve also and when I got a new sim it took care of it. It actually still occurs every once in a while with my bold, but I just do a battery pull and it comes back. But a new sim should do the trick. Of course, I am with At&t so your situation is a little different. It can't hurt to try it though.
    05-30-09 01:16 PM
    I tried about 4 different t mobile sim cards and it didn't work. My Bold is really playing with my emotions. I did almost all the troubleshooting possible. I really don't see why this Bold is acting like this. It teases me at times when it searches for network and it goes on t mobile then switch straight to SOS. Any other ideas crackberry nation
    05-31-09 04:15 PM
    Reinstall OS?

05-31-09 05:57 PM
    I reinstall OS I even upgraded nd downgraded OS and still the same problem. Keep em coming though crackberry nation
    06-01-09 12:52 PM
    I had the same problem with my unlocked storm and had to reinstall the os and resend the service books now it works fine

06-01-09 02:07 PM
    The Bold has a mind of its own and its basically doesn't want to read my T Mobile sim cards anymore so I can't really send service books over again.
    06-02-09 12:31 AM
    06-02-09 01:05 AM
    This method didn't work either. Its just not connecting to the T Mobile network. I feel like I'm the only person in the world to have this happen to me. Can anyone save me.
    06-13-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD