ok everyone first id like to say hi, this is my first post ever and im glad to join the forum

im gonna try and explain this as simply as possible so here goes

my bold was fine, my carrier is rogers and everything was copecetic, but, i was using my phone one day and i went to switch applications and the phone froze, the screen went white.

i then tried holding alt right caps and enter or whatever and it didnt work so i took the battery out. when i put it back in, the phone started up except all my pictures, speed dials, movies, everything were gone, and under my instant messaging folder, my windows live and blackberry messenger were gone, like disapeared.

i restored my phone cuz i back it up regularly and no dice, but at least my texting and phone works, how do i fix all this?
    08-22-09 11:37 PM
    I would suggest you do a handheld wipe and reload the OS. The latest one for Rogers is .282. If all goes well, do a restore and see if everything goes back into your phone.

For your pictures and movies, are they saved in your phone memory or on a memory card?
    Last edited by wirelessgal; 08-22-09 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added a question
    08-22-09 11:41 PM
    they are stored in device memory, but they are on my computer so its not like i lost them, i just dont want to have to reload all of them.

how do i do this handheld wipe? do i need to take it in?
    08-23-09 12:17 AM
    My advice do not use the phone's memory with pictures, movies etc.. Use a memory card, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that kill file free memory? Which can cause the phone to reset.

And losing files? Since it could be a way for the phone to free up memory?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:21 AM
    I know many will suggest using jmloader to wipe your handset. But if you're not familiar with it, just do the handheld wipe. Go to options, security options, general settings, hit the menu button, select wipe handheld, then continue. If you have 3rd party apps. I would wipe those out as well.

I agree with bobbycole, you should save your pictures, movies, music, etc. on a memory card. This will not slow down the phone. The app free memory is for apps. But if your phone all of a sudden dies and you didn't backup your stuff, you will lose everything. I always save my stuff in a memory card. Unfortunately apps are saved in the app free memory. Do you have any 3rd party apps?
    08-23-09 12:31 AM
    i dont have any 3rd party apps, i just got my phone recently but i see what you guys are saying about the memory stick

the thing is, some of my stock blackberry apps just disappeared, like my bbm, msn, speed dials dont work, and now my phone is just really slow like i go to sms and the app wont respond.

i go to media and at the bottom it says scanning but nothing happens.
    08-23-09 12:52 AM
    Wipe the phone and update the os assuming you don't have the latest os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:56 AM
    Try what I suggested and see if that does the trick. Other members may have better suggestions. If you got it from Rogers, you can get a new replacement or refurb depending on when you got the Bold.
    08-23-09 01:00 AM
    thanks buddy,. i greatly appreciate everyones advice ill give it a shot first thing tomorow and let you all know how it goes. thanks.
    08-23-09 01:08 AM
    problem solved, i did a phoen wipe and when i reset it everything went back to normal, thanks for the advice.
    08-23-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD