hey guys, i have a blackberry bold i don't know what firmware i'm on but I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with that. i also blacked out my berry two weeks ago. the problem that i have today is that none of my keys work. the keyboard, the trackball, the side buttons, none of them. the phone goes on standby with no status light or anything. the only way i can turn the screen on if i unplug or plug in the charger. i tried taking out the battery, fully charging simple stuff like that. i cant do a wipe or anything cause i have no access to the keys. the only thing i think i could do is i get a t5 screwdriver and take my berry apart and make sure everything has a good connection and putting it back together and putting on the screws tightly. what other solutions do you guys have? im in a **** situation =( i dont even have a t5 screwdriver
    08-14-09 03:09 AM
    i would try disassembling it and just assure all is well inside. how did you black it out without a T-5?
    08-14-09 04:03 AM
    uhmm i bought the parts off someone and he installed it for me
    08-14-09 04:18 AM
    Yeah take it apart and put it back on again. Get someone experience to do it or if you're confident enough get a t5 and refer to some youtube vidz on disassembling/assembling bold tutorial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:53 AM
    Yeah take it apart and put it back on again. Get someone experience to do it or if you're confident enough get a t5 and refer to some youtube vidz on disassembling/assembling bold tutorial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:59 AM
    dont make the screws to tight, ive had a few snap on me in the past
    08-14-09 08:36 AM
    yeah you got to take it apart first and dont screw to tight
    08-14-09 08:46 AM
    ya maybe the guy that did it for you messed something up, good luck to you
    08-14-09 08:51 AM
    make sure whoever installed the bezel took the tape off the inside of the buttons. Tape is used to cover the inside of the buttons when the bezel is painted.
    08-14-09 09:00 AM
    thanks for the help guys but i dont think it has anything to do with the tape becuase all the buttons originally worked but i'll try. is it hard to get all the parts to be sticking together with a good connection (the housing, keyboard, trackball)
    08-14-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD