I had the phone sitting next to me last night and just noticed that the start up screen appeared (the screen that appears when you pull the battery and stick it back in) Now every time the screen appears and the status bar gets to about 1/4 of the way through it turns off and starts all over.

What is the problem you think?

Battery?
    or the phone is done?

I appreciate any insight
    07-17-11 10:47 AM
    Have you done any recent OS upgrades? If the device is stuck in a constant reboot cycle, you may need to wipe the OS and install again. Hopefully you have a backup of your device.

Try connecting to Crackutil or similar utility, if the device is recognized attempt a backup, then wipe the OS so you are left with only a white screen and Error 507 message. Now disconnect the device, uninstall any previous OS versions that may be on your PC. Download and install the OS you want, making sure that it is designed for your specific device. If download an official OS from a carrier other than yours, you will need to go to My Computer>C Drive>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader. Once in the AppLoader folder, locate and delete the file named Vendor.xml

Next while still in the AppLoader folder connect the device and allow the PC to recognize it. Now locate the Loader.exe file and double click it to run it. Follow the prompts and hopefully you will get a message that loading operation was successful.
    07-17-11 11:05 AM
    I had this problem a month ago. I took it to ATT after removing some unneccessary apps with their COD files. I had just updated the OS too after doing this and was waiting for the phone to complete reboot. BAD idea! That destroyed my phone internally. ATT sent me to their service dept a little on the other side of town. Those people told me it was called an "incomplete wake up". Meaning the Battery is Dead and is trying to reboot the cycle over and over again. I had to Get a new phone with a new PIN. Luckily I am still under warranty.
    07-17-11 11:56 AM
    I think its a corrupted OS problem. Just deep wipe & re-install OS and it should be fine.
    07-17-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD