Un-effing-believable.

Here begins my tale of woe. In the past few days I'd noticed my BlackBerry slowing down a lot, rather inexplicably. I'd enabled memory cleaning, cleared out all unneccessary language packs and applications and made sure I was closing down all apps as I exited them, and still the Application Memory would read "15MB" at first, and slowly make its way down to 0'' for no reason at all.
    Eventually I learned that as I had gotten a replacement device direct from the factory (as a replacement for the travesty that is the HTC Touch Pro), I still had a buggy version of the BB OS and therefore would have to upgrade to a newer one. Fair enough!

So I downloaded the official upgrade certified by my carrier (3 Australia), read some upgrade tutorials, made the necessary arrangements, fired up Desktop Manager and began the process. Everything was going just fine, until the installation process self-terminated halfway through - just after it had finished erasing all existing software on the device. So I tried again, and this time it came up with "PIN UNKNOWN" or whatever. So I tried to get the Desktop Manager to install only the core apps and software that were "recommended," which it did for about twenty minutes before self-terminating again.

Now, at least ninety retries later, my BlackBerry is still totally catatonic. Even PIN UNKNOWN is too good for me now. Doing a battery pull, the device blinks its LED repeatedly, but does not register on DM no matter what the timing's like (yes, I read the 101 Tutorial). If plugged in to the USB cable, the LED goes solid red and stays like that, even if the battery is not in the device (!).

Can somebody please, please tell me what in the name of crackberry is wrong with this thing? Can I fix it?! Please help.

Kind regards,
    le0jay.
    07-26-09 11:23 AM
    I had this issue too, where the BB was totaly nuked. At this point, the warrenty replaces the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 11:53 AM
    I say you throw it against a wall. Then use the warranty.
    07-26-09 12:18 PM
    I suspected as much. Thanks for bringing me out of denial, buddy.
    07-26-09 12:19 PM
    I say you throw it against a wall. Then use the warranty.
    Thoroughly satisfying, but probably a great way to void the warranty. Thanks though.
    07-26-09 12:21 PM
    Yeah call rim and let them know that. They will swap you out. If yur out of warranty just use your phone insurance on your carrier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:36 PM
    See if it will blend and throw it on Youtube.
    07-26-09 05:14 PM
    Yeah it happened to me with the Storm, never got a good explanation for it.
    07-26-09 05:26 PM
    Ohh!

You should really nuke it..throw it in a microwave and see what happens!
    07-26-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD