Wow. Just looked at my phone and the housing is coming apart.. had it a few days....

the corner where the microphone hole is on the bottom of the phone isn't clipped into the housing..

I tried pressing it down to click the chrome band (which is floating above the housing)

into place, but obviously its just warped, or wont re-seat itself by applying force..

I may dump the bold because of this.....

I know I can get a free one, but its too much hassle, make the phone right the first time.

WTF

P.S. havent dropped or rough housed the phone.
    06-08-10 03:54 PM
    Err...you can get a defective unit on any phone...

So basically if you get a bad draw, you dump the phone and never visit it again?
    06-08-10 03:59 PM
    What's the big deal about replacing it? These phones are mass produced so there'll be instances that some of them are defective. This excuse is even better than switching providers for a phone.
    06-08-10 04:02 PM
    Cause, its a Friggen Pain in the Ace,, Plus Im OCD about phones anyways, so this gives me a reason to return the phone, and wait for something better.
    06-08-10 04:03 PM
    Cause, its a Friggen Pain in the Ace,, Plus Im OCD about phones anyways, so this gives me a reason to return the phone, and wait for something better.
    Ah, there's the real reason...
    06-08-10 04:04 PM

All I have to say is this.....
    06-08-10 04:26 PM
    So what happens if your next phone has another fit issue? There're always a better phone coming based on the recent trends.
    06-08-10 04:27 PM
    Sounds like you just want out to me ..... So you have never had to return anything??? It happens man.
    06-08-10 05:16 PM
    Agreed. Verizon has superb CS, it will be a snap to have them replace the device for you!

Sometimes I think that people forget that most phones, including BB, are slapped together in some third world country by a worker being paid a few Pesos, Yuan or Dong an hour. Instead of being angry for the occasional mishap, I think we should rather all be amazed that 90% of them come out as good as they do without significant defects...
    06-08-10 05:33 PM
    That and when you have X million units made, some aren't going to be perfect. It's just the general odds for anything manufactured.
    06-08-10 05:35 PM
    As if you don't have to return the phone and switch to another phone anyways when you send the Bold back?

What you are saying is very counterintuitive.

Back up your phone with Switch Device Wizard, unplug it. Backup bbm contacts and hopefully u remember your BIS password.

Pop your head into a VZW store on the 10th, get a brand new device. Connect it to computer, resume where you left off. Load your bbm contacts and log into BIS in the email settings wizard.

Boom, Boom and Booooom.

The only thing you lose is your open chats in BBM.

Yeah, i do this alot, lol.
    06-08-10 07:01 PM
    Agreed. Verizon has superb CS, it will be a snap to have them replace the device for you!

Sometimes I think that people forget that most phones, including BB, are slapped together in some third world country by a worker being paid a few Pesos, Yuan or Dong an hour. Instead of being angry for the occasional mishap, I think we should rather all be amazed that 90% of them come out as good as they do without significant defects...
    I can't believe you said Dong!!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:03 PM
    And if you don't want to back the phone up, bring your laptop to the Verizon store, and use the device switch wizard right there.
    06-08-10 07:54 PM
    its obviously buyers remorse.

the phone could be perfect and he would still want to return it
    06-08-10 10:30 PM
    On the contrary I've been scrubbing this forum looking for The Huge Defect That Will Make This Yet Another Failure and the only thing I've seen that is consistent is the leaning trackpad, which I've also found on the 9700 and 85xx forums. Mine is the most solid blackBerry I've had (out of 4). Looks like the ridiculous wait we had paid off in a solid device. Sorry the OP got a dud tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 01:34 AM
    No need to even look for an excuse. Your still within your 30 days. If your not 100% satisfied, return it and wait for something better.
    06-09-10 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD