Customer A - 15+ years as a Rogers Customer, qualifies for hardware upgrade is charged $649 for a Bold.

Customer B - 11 months as a Rogers Customer, does not qualify for an upgrade is charged $399 for a Bold and is given a further discount to reduce the cost to $345.

PARDON ???????

I can see I'm not the only one who got the run around on the phone this morning with Rogers ...

We've had a Business account with them for 15+ years ... The last phone I got was Curve 16 or so months ago and I PAID for it and didn't excercise my upgrade privelage at that time, so I was definately due for and unpgrade now.

I called in at 8am to order my Bold ... was told $649 was my price ... I wasn't impressed ... asked to speak to a Supervisor, he came on the phone and spoke very poor English, I explained it all to him .... been with Rogers 12 years , our monthly usage is high ... etc etc he said and I quote "Dat's da price, if you don't like you don't buy, what's the problems" ...

by that point I think I was seeing red, LOL, I asked to speak to his supervisor, "he said his boss don't take calls, I'll put you through to someone else and the line went dead ...

... I called back, long story short I through to customer relations/cancellations and they ended up offering it to me at $399.

So I got my phone ... end of story right ? WRONG !!!

At 11am my partner comes in the office, he's planning to order a phone today too ... I whine to him about my Rogers woo's and tell him since he's only had his Curve 11 months and is a new Rogers Customer there is no way he'll get a Bold for less than $649 ....

So just for fun he calls them ... dials 611 waits about 10 seconds a Rep comes on the line, he tells him he wants a Bold, and like magic he's told $399 is your price, and you get a coupon which will drop the price further to $345 ....

I was sitting right beside him listening to all this .... I fell off my chair ....

Long story shorter after he was done talking with the Rep he passed the phone to me .... now it was my turn again I asked "how the h*ll can it be that I have to talk to 5 people over 90 minutes to get a phone for $399 and a new Customer that's been with you 11 months can call in and order a Bold for $250 less than I and have it done in less than 5 minutes, no questions asked ...

He was surprised when I told him about my experience too, but he couldn't do anything about it, so he put me through to retention and I re-explained everything all over ... he no answer of course and I really didn't get anywhere except to rant and waste more time ...

Anyway, it wasn't fun, finally they gave me two months free service on the cell part of my bill since I had such a hassle ...

I'd much rather of been able to complete the order at the right price in a few minutes like my partner did instead of have the stress from dealing with their unorganization.

So, yes, Rogers does suck, they've made a mess of the Bold launch. My wife stood in line for the iPhone a few weeks ago too, that was another mess and another story all together....

RIM should be disappointed with Rogers.

We pay the highest cell phone rates in the world and get the worst service .... Unreal
    Last edited by uniquest; 08-22-08 at 12:50 PM.
    08-21-08 09:11 PM
    that really sucks..i just went online and i press upgrade phone and i see a price 374.99 for a 3 year contract..but im just not ready to get that phone yet maybe in a month or so...
    08-21-08 09:30 PM
    Lol, I went through the SAME thing on Tuesday. The rep insisted there was nothing she could do, until I said you know what "GET ME TO THE CANCELLATION DEPARTMENT NOW" Once I got there the man explained that he couldn't offer me the Bold at that time because it wasn't in his system (umm ok??) but he gave me 3 months of unlimited calling, and told me to call back the next day.

I called back on Wednesday and had NO PROBLEM. I was put through to the same department and and nice young man named John placed my order. I wasn't due for an upgrade, but I guess in my case, customer relations is allowed to pull a few strings, so $399 is the price I was given.

What pisses me off is although they claim they "can't" THEY CAN! They can do whatever it is that we ask most of the time, but never do unless we put up a good fight for it. I DON'T GIVE THEM AN INCH! It's not that I'm trying to be rude, but I won't be walked on either.

Long story short, my Bold should be here soon. The only downside is, if it doesn't get here by tomorrow I'll have to wait a WHOLE WEEK just to use it, as I'm spending the remainding week of my summer vacation in New York.

Congrats on your purcahse!
    08-21-08 11:39 PM
    Geez. Sounds rough. I try really hard to avoid reps at all. With Sprint they all seem to be outsourced to India or something. It's very hard to communicate with them. Online has been the way to go for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:11 AM
    Geez, buying the Bold is like buying a used car!
    08-22-08 08:46 AM
    Lol, I went through the SAME thing on Tuesday. The rep insisted there was nothing she could do, until I said you know what "GET ME TO THE CANCELLATION DEPARTMENT NOW" Once I got there the man explained that he couldn't offer me the Bold at that time because it wasn't in his system (umm ok??) but he gave me 3 months of unlimited calling, and told me to call back the next day.

I called back on Wednesday and had NO PROBLEM. I was put through to the same department and and nice young man named John placed my order. I wasn't due for an upgrade, but I guess in my case, customer relations is allowed to pull a few strings, so $399 is the price I was given.

What pisses me off is although they claim they "can't" THEY CAN! They can do whatever it is that we ask most of the time, but never do unless we put up a good fight for it. I DON'T GIVE THEM AN INCH! It's not that I'm trying to be rude, but I won't be walked on either.

Long story short, my Bold should be here soon. The only downside is, if it doesn't get here by tomorrow I'll have to wait a WHOLE WEEK just to use it, as I'm spending the remainding week of my summer vacation in New York.

Congrats on your purcahse!
    Pick me up a Rogers Bold, I will give you the cash when you come to New York! LOL Enjoy your trip to New York. New York is an amazing place, I have lived here all of my life. Have fun!
    08-22-08 08:58 AM
    Wow...worst customer service I've ever heard of. Glad you at least got the two months' charges waived. Enjoy your new phone!
    08-22-08 09:02 AM
    You all had it better than I did.

I began making threats about switching to Bell or Telus because they wouldn't let me use an upgrade on one of my 3 or 4 upgrade eligible numbers....

The answer I recieved, "Bell & Telus don't have the Bold or iPhone so why should we give you a deal on it? You're not actually going to swtich because you're calling because you want the bold." We've been rogers customers since Cantel AT&T.

Needless to say, a complaint to the better business bureau really should be in order. I've never done anything like this; would it have any effect up in Canada?
    08-22-08 10:01 AM
    I want to get the Bold but I've been with Rogers for 9 months now. If I tell them that they screw my bills monthly (it's true), would they consider giving me at 399? I pay more than $95 a month, would this be a good reason to give me it at 399?

Thanks
    08-22-08 10:32 AM
    08-22-08 12:00 PM
    wow uniquest mustve still been steaming when he posted this soo many typos
    08-22-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD