I've had my Bold 9650 for a year and everything has been perfect. Then, yesterday when I was downloading apps, I downloaded some app off of blackberry app world.

When I went to launch it, I noticed there was no icon for the app, but it still said the title. I clicked it anyways and it opened. Then I received a text message and tried to open it to read the text but then my blackberry froze. I reset my phone but then when it powered back up, it wouldn't connect to the wifi connection I'd been using the whole time....it doesn't even see the connection. Now it seems as if the wifi connection name was changed and it is locked.

It still works on another saved wifi network I've used, but won't connect to this one for some reason. It tries to connect, and then says it can't find ip address or check your network connections.

I've now done a wipe on it to see if that fixes it, but now upon setup, I STILL can't connect to the network. I have also tried reset my router twice and doing 3 battery pulls but still no luck

Any ideas?
    Last edited by itsjoiiebby; 08-21-11 at 01:22 PM.
    08-21-11 01:18 PM
    I've had my Bold 9650 for a year and everything has been perfect. Then, yesterday when I was downloading apps, I downloaded some app off of blackberry app world.

When I went to launch it, I noticed there was no icon for the app, but it still said the title. I clicked it anyways and it opened. Then I received a text message and tried to open it to read the text but then my blackberry froze. I reset my phone but then when it powered back up, it wouldn't connect to the wifi connection I'd been using the whole time....it doesn't even see the connection. Now it seems as if the wifi connection name was changed and it is locked.

It still works on another saved wifi network I've used, but won't connect to this one for some reason. It tries to connect, and then says it can't find ip address or check your network connections.

I've now done a wipe on it to see if that fixes it, but now upon setup, I STILL can't connect to the network. I have also tried reset my router twice and doing 3 battery pulls but still no luck

Any ideas?
    My suggestion would be to delete the new app and restart, then fire up Desktop Manager and restore your WLAN profiles from a recent backup.
    08-21-11 04:31 PM
    My suggestion would be to delete the new app and restart, then fire up Desktop Manager and restore your WLAN profiles from a recent backup.
    +1, I agree
    08-30-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD