12-18-13 04:32 PM
48 12
tools
    Hey guys,

i just got a blackberry 9900 1week ago and I wanted to move some things from my desktop to my phone, and from my phone to my desktop but when i installed the "Blackberry Software desktop".

I install it and when I plug the phone in, my computer makes that noise as if it recognizes that something has been inserted into it( so my computer recognizes the usb cord..i think). I plug it in and nothing happens but when I look at my blackberry where the battery is, I see a "plug look-alike" on top of the battery.

What should i do ?!

Thanks for your help,
    David
    11-05-11 02:13 PM
    I was loading .474 today and that happened to me. I downloaded DM again and rebooted my laptop and .....try that.
    11-05-11 02:19 PM
    You can also leave your device connected to your computer and use Windows Task Manager to manually shut down all RIM-related services, then soft reset your phone and open up the DM again. Should connect. Are you using DM 7.0.0.20 (Beta)?
    bozvandam likes this.
    11-05-11 02:22 PM
    well i just connected it and this came up on my phone:
    " the charging source connected to your Blackberry device cannot charge you batter" then i clicked 'more info' and another long paragraph came up.

i did try uninstalling DM a couple times before posting this. Nothing happened. I will try what Oniberry suggested
    11-05-11 03:20 PM
    Well it shouldn't matter if the charging source isn't sufficient for copying or using dm. Maybe try a different USB port none the less. Some times uninstalling dm, reboot, run ccleaner, reboot, download dm again in case something is corrupter and installing dm works.
    11-05-11 03:33 PM
    I tried what Oniberry said and it didn't work. I shut down all the RIM services i found which was only 2 of them. then turned off my phone and back on and it still didn't connect. & and no, i am not running the 7.0 beta version.

i will uninstall dm, delete the previous install kit, reboot, run cleaner, reboot, download dm again, install, reboot and then plug into a usb port at the back
    11-05-11 04:25 PM
    I tried what Oniberry said and it didn't work. I shut down all the RIM services i found which was only 2 of them. then turned off my phone and back on and it still didn't connect. & and no, i am not running the 7.0 beta version.

i will uninstall dm, delete the previous install kit, reboot, run cleaner, reboot, download dm again, install, reboot and then plug into a usb port at the back
    May I ask what OS you are using on your PC? If XP I had alot of trouble with different versions of DM until I had a new computer built for me with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit installed and have never had any issues since and including now.

XP does not seem to play nice with DM for some reason but if you are using Windows 7 I would as many have suggested, maybe even go to BBs website and grab the latest version off the site, DL and save it to your desktop and run the .exe file that way from that latest file you just saved and see if that makes a difference. Good luck.
    11-05-11 04:44 PM
    I have windows 7. and that is what I did before, went to BBs website but I will do the same thing but save it on the desktop.

Thanks
    11-05-11 05:00 PM
    11-05-11 05:37 PM
    I figured out why it said the whole charging problem. It was because I had 2 usb cables, one to plug in pc and one to plug into the adapter that goes in the plug so i can charge it and i switched the usb cables and now I can charge it too while it's plugged in the pc.

BUT, my desktop does still not recognize it !!!!
    11-08-11 11:19 PM
    anyone ? i really wanna get this working guys!
    11-09-11 09:08 PM
    You never said that you actually installed the DM software, or that you tried to open it. Did you actually install it, or just download it to your desktop? If you did install it, what happens when you open the DM software? Are you seeing a disconnected message on the lower right side of the DM screen?
    11-09-11 09:21 PM
    Is mass storage enabled on the phone?
    11-09-11 09:23 PM
    He doesn't need mass storage to talk to the DM...
    I suspect he hasn't opened the DM.
    BTW - you DON'T plug power into a Y connected USB while plugged into the PC. Just charge the phone using the supplied wall charger.
    11-09-11 09:24 PM
    Happens to me from time to time

Deleting all RIM devices from device manager and reinstalling DM has worked for me

You can always try and just mount it as a mass storage and move things around through Windows itself.
    11-09-11 09:31 PM
    He doesn't need mass storage to talk to the DM...
    I suspect he hasn't opened the DM.
    BTW - you DON'T plug power into a Y connected USB while plugged into the PC. Just charge the phone using the supplied wall charger.

Yeah, I know - I was just thinking of a time when I hit charge only and dm wouldn't recognize it.
    11-09-11 09:34 PM
    Well, I have it installed and DM opens up but it says "connect your blackberry device" and under that it says "troubleshoot connection" and has a couple of things that would "help" me get it working but i looked at them and all of those seem to be fine.

and i charge it however i can. sometimes, someone else uses the wall plug so i have to use the pc to charge it.
    Last edited by dvdboss93; 11-09-11 at 10:02 PM.
    11-09-11 09:57 PM
    What is the exact message you see when you open the DM and it doesn't recognize the device? By default, the DM is set to use USB, but can use Bluetooth as well. Do you ever see the little green gear spinning on the lower right hand side, saying "connecting"?
    11-09-11 10:02 PM
    on the left it shows all those "summarry, applications, organizer, etc". and on the right it simply says "connect your blackberry device" and under that says "troubleshoot my connection"

and no, i do not see anything.
    11-09-11 10:09 PM
    and i know that my usb chord works because when i need to charge it and I plug the usb in the blackberry and the computer, it shows the "flash" on my battery meaning charging so the contact is clearly there.
    11-09-11 10:27 PM
    no one knows how to fix this ?
    11-09-11 11:50 PM
    You need to use a standard usb cable, not a split one. Even if you get the charging icon, it may still not work for data connectivity to the pc. Uninstall all BB software from your machine, reboot machine, install DM and device software, reboot BB, use a straight usb cord and plug it in. If starting from scratch doesn't work, get a replacement BB.

Have you tried on another pc?
    11-10-11 09:02 AM
    what do you mean standard usb cable, not split?
    and i have no install device software? I always just installed DM.

and no, i have not tried another pc. i should do that.
    11-10-11 08:25 PM
    what do you mean standard usb cable, not split?
    and i have no install device software? I always just installed DM.

and no, i have not tried another pc. i should do that.
    11-10-11 08:33 PM
    Download the device software from the carrier or bb website.
    11-10-11 08:55 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD