I was stuck on the initializing screen after trying to get my 9900 to connect for the first time. I tried everything in this thread and other threads including uninstalling DM about 5 times.

What finally worked was right-clicking the Desktop Manager icon and selecting 'properties'. Then under the 'Compatibility' tab I checked "Run this program under compatibility mode for: Windows XP service pack 3" *and* "Run this program as an administrator".

Hope that helps.
    11-10-11 11:35 PM
    What Forza suggested did not work

I am currently downloading the software off the bb website.
    11-11-11 12:59 AM
    what the ****. i installed software for the 9900 and when DM popped up, same message as before.

i really don't get this AT ALL.

anyone?
    11-12-11 12:04 AM
    i guess this is hopeless
    11-14-11 11:41 AM
    I had this issue where DM wouldn't recognize my phone. It showed that it was charging and had that option to say USB/Media/Charge on my phone when I plugged it in.
    Turns out the issue was with the USB driver. So I deleted the one associated with my 9900 from my desktop and let it install a new driver when I plugged it in. Worked after that...
    11-14-11 12:40 PM
    okay, so how do i delete driver associated with the 9900 from the desktop? where is it?
    11-15-11 12:44 AM
    okay, so how do i delete driver associated with the 9900 from the desktop? where is it?
    http://newbbie.com/2008/12/28/my-computer-does-not-detect-or-recognize-my-blackberry-usb-problems/
    Go to the "Device Driver" section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 06:10 AM
    wow, it turns out i don't have the "blackberry smartphone" driver when i go into Device Manager.

like, it's nowhere to be found. I don't see it in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (where it should be) or anywhere("other devices")
    Last edited by dvdboss93; 11-15-11 at 09:51 PM.
    11-15-11 09:45 PM
    does anyone know why?
    11-16-11 07:37 PM
    i really need this guys!
    11-19-11 02:04 AM
    HELP ANYONE?! how do i add those drivers there? where can i get the drivers?! or what do i have to do ?
    11-22-11 10:48 PM
    this is pissing me off
    11-23-11 08:07 PM
    this is pissing me off
    I feel your frustration. My DM won't recognize my device anymore. It did at one point and now it doesn't.

Many posts with help were given, but nothing worked. My suggestion is, keep looking until you find that you've tried everything, then you can give up.
    11-23-11 09:40 PM
    I was having the same problem and solved it by using a friends computer to repeat all the steps.

I downloaded DM, BBSAK and the Official OS and although BBSAK didn't recognize my device, App Loader did.

App Loader is located inside the same folder where you delete the vendor file. Just remember to delete the vendor file first.

It worked for me on my friends computer, but it didn't work on my own. I guess because I didn't do it right the first time on my computer is why it quit recognizing my device after a while.

Try it on another computer and don't make any mistakes and it should work just fine.

11-24-11 03:37 AM
    BBSAK and App Loader? I am confused :s
    so what are the steps i should do now ?

I don't have the "blackberry drivers" when i go to "Device Manager". how do i get them ?!
    Last edited by dvdboss93; 11-28-11 at 12:02 AM.
    11-27-11 11:59 PM
    ANYONE !? i really need this please!

I don't have the "blackberry drivers" when i go to "Device Manager". how do i get them ?!
    01-20-12 03:19 PM
    Just had this same problem myself, and solved it. I tried what Forza4RE said on 11/11,, only I had to go into my Administrator account first, because the options were grayed out as a Standard User. I chose Windows 7 as the compatibility mode. I chose the option to give administrator privileges to all users. Then when I went back to my Standard User account, connected my phone. Desktop Manager appeared with no information about my phone at all. I knew that was a dead end and decided to undo the changes I had made. So I went back to my administrator account, and unchecked the option to give the privilege to all users. Note that I did NOT uncheck the choice of Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Lo and behold, went back to my standard user account and everything works. Don't ask me why. I don't know a thing about all this.
    bozvandam likes this.
    02-06-12 12:31 PM
    That's why this company is dying. It's just such crap that so many users have this problem and there's no solution. I've been a loyal BB user for a decade. No more. Hello iPhone.
    05-14-12 03:15 PM
    And this is the solution:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTQJ9f5Dw8[/YT]

It worked for someone else on here and worked for me. But to think that anyone who is not very astute with computers could come up with this (or even know what to ask or search for) is obviously asking a bit much.
    05-14-12 04:12 PM
    That's why this company is dying. It's just such crap that so many users have this problem and there's no solution. I've been a loyal BB user for a decade. No more. Hello iPhone.
    This is not just a RIM issue. This kind of problem can happen with any software on windows. When I was upgrading the driver for a lexmark printer, it corrupted the OS and I had to reinstall it. I recently had to reinstall the OS on an almost new laptop because the video driver would not update properly. Welcome to windows!
    05-14-12 06:10 PM
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried a battery pull?

Try another cable maybe?

Does your phone ask you to select form "Charge only", "Sync media" or USB Drive"?

As in can your pc see the connection at least?
    05-15-12 06:28 AM
    my blackberry bold 9650 wont connect to desktop manager what must i do
    06-27-13 09:41 PM
    blackberry 9900 usb device not recognized but charging when connected to the power. Now my blackberry can not boot , How can you help me out ,please?
    12-18-13 04:32 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD