i took my phone off charge when I woke up at about 1pm, by 10pm that night the battery had drained completely. I had been at work for most of the afternoon and hardly even used my phone. I have a few apps like facebook and ubertwitter running, and i browsed a few websites, but apart from that running.

It's a new blackberry that I got a few days ago as well. is this normal?
    02-15-10 01:53 PM
    maybe exchange the battery my battery lasts 2 days
    02-15-10 01:54 PM
    Mine will go 3 days of normal use without needing a charge. I do not have Ubertwitter or Facebook doing auto updates in the background, have it set to manual, don't see why you'd need it to auto update anyway so I'd suggest turning that off. I also leave wifi disabled unless I need it. I also make sure I don't leave any apps running in background except Weatherbug kinda does I guess.
    02-15-10 02:09 PM
    My battery has usually been lasting at least 1.5 days however I woke up this morning at about 4:30. I didn't plug my BB back in. It was just sitting in the holster. When I woke back up at 11:00 it was completely dead. I had nothing running in the background except RIM's twitter client set to autoupdate every 10 minutes (which is the setting I've been using for about a week with no issues whatsoever. The only thing different about my BB today vs the otherday is I upgraded from .405 to .442. Do you think its this OS version or the fact that I'm currently in an area where its jumping from 3G to EDGE and back every 2 min or so?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 02:28 PM
    Me and my friend have a 9700 and since we upgraded to .442 we noticed a SIGNIFICANT reduction in our battery life.
    02-15-10 02:30 PM
    I highly suggest getting the battery replaced. I took my blackberry off the charger at noon yesterday and the battery lasted until about 7 am. I had ubertwitter running, notifications coming from the blackberry twitter client, usingbbm, sending emails etc. In other words, I had heavy usage from noon until about 2 am. And the phone was still getting notifications from 2 am until 7 am.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 02:41 PM
    I am very dissatisfied with the Blackberry Torch. I have replaced the batteries twice - just to rule that possibility out (batteries themselves are also notorious failures). I have shut off all unnecessary power usages and it still dies within 4 hrs or less.
    One word to describe my next troubleshooting step ... SAMSUNG !!!
    04-13-13 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD