When I touch the symbol key in any way, it scrolls through the symbol options. I don't even have to push the symbol key, it just registers my finger touches like the old trackpad would. Sounds crazy right? It's possessed! AIEEE!!!!!!!! This issue started about 2-3 days ago.

Or is this some kind of update that I didn't know about? Any idea if this is software or hardware?
    03-26-13 06:03 PM
    my 9900 had a similar issue... not the symbol key but random scrolling. if I was texting, on a website, whatever, it would start randomly scrolling. not scrolling, darting around the page. I had to lock the phone and tap the trackpad kind of hard and roll it around to make it stop. possessed indeed.
    03-26-13 06:14 PM
    This happened to my first 9900. Vodafone replaced it, said it couldn't be repaired. I have heard that its caused by a dodgy connection with the trackpad onto the main board.

OP, get your carrier to swap it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 12:21 PM
    Try this out:

Go to options, typing and language, Keyboard, then currency key. Choose the currency and hopefully it does not scroll.

If not, try a OS reload.
    03-27-13 01:00 PM
    Try this out:

Go to options, typing and language, Keyboard, then currency key. Choose the currency and hopefully it does not scroll.

If not, try a OS reload.
    This is a hardware problem Nadim, OS reload wont fix it. Some have taken the phone apart and changed the ribbon cable with success. As mine was under warranty, I sent it back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 01:34 PM
    LOL I turned on the "keypress sound" option on my phone. You know the one where it beeps whenever you push a button? Well when you roll your finger on the symbol key, it beeps like crazy. hahaha

Thanks for the tip. I will call Verizon and ask for a replacement.
    03-27-13 01:40 PM