Dude, not one thing is you said is true, I don't have any of those issues. Get ur phone replaced

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Basically the same here! I have none of the bugs the OP mentioned. I have others, but not those. Size is fine for me - Speaker placement isn't an issue for me either.
    ibigberries likes this.
    08-16-11 05:55 PM
    Well if AF is a big deal, then I suggest buying this instead of a phone:
    Attachment 91573
    Yes, to solve the obvious camera quality issues...let's carry more items and bigger items around (don't forget the tablets now) instead of holding RIM accountable for a bad decision to go with EDOF due to making the device thin.

If given the choice, would the majority have instead chosen a Auto Focus Camera if it meant making the device a little thicker than it is now? What good is it being thin if you now have to lug around a decent camera every where you go!?

And why stop there for the sake of inconvenience? Why not carry around the big ole professional cameras that are used on the sidelines of sports games? I mean, if AF is that big of a deal.

Nevermind that RIM's competitor smartphones have the ability to be both, a really good camera and a phone. At the end of the day, BlackBerry devices are not appreciated by the masses and removing Auto Focus has alienated the brand EVEN MORE, if you can believe that.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    08-16-11 06:03 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you don't like the new Blackberry. But, I liked your honesty in the review. Not enough to sway me from getting one myself.
    08-16-11 06:15 PM
    The OS DOES have some bugs for me. The e-mail part in the app world was a problem for me at first but I don`t know how I solved it but it was fixed.

As for other bugs not mentioned, I seem to have a REALLY sensitive screen when I only charge it. When unplugging it, it seems fine. <

When I try to press an icon or anything I want to choose, it selects something 4cm away from my finger and it starts selecting like crazy. When I hover my thumb 1mm above the screen it does the same thing. Now when I go to messages, I click on my desired choice of message and it starts scrolling and then selecting multiple messages. I love my BB 9900, but this touch thing is really annoying when I charge my phone! Will include a video tomorrow to show you it`s characteristics.
    08-16-11 08:07 PM
    ok, little comparison, both these images taken with the 9900. train ticket in poor light, receipt with lights on in house (no flash on either).

think we`ll have to agree they perfectly fine for text, both of those images taken less than 15cm away.

The first image is without auto focus and the second is with auto focus.

You can certainly decipher the text from your images, but they are less than ideal. The Bold 9930 wouldn't be able to correctly display checks that I could deposit with my banks app, unfortunately.
    08-16-11 08:11 PM

You can certainly decipher the text from your images, but they are less than ideal. The Bold 9930 wouldn't be able to correctly display checks that I could deposit with my banks app, unfortunately.
    Wow AF really does make a difference. Very nice comparison!
    08-17-11 01:43 AM

Yes it can. At least mine can. Have posted pics to prove it. Not as good as auto focus but usable. Just takes more time to get a good one
    08-17-11 01:47 AM
    The OS DOES have some bugs for me. The e-mail part in the app world was a problem for me at first but I don`t know how I solved it but it was fixed.

As for other bugs not mentioned, I seem to have a REALLY sensitive screen when I only charge it. When unplugging it, it seems fine. <

When I try to press an icon or anything I want to choose, it selects something 4cm away from my finger and it starts selecting like crazy. When I hover my thumb 1mm above the screen it does the same thing. Now when I go to messages, I click on my desired choice of message and it starts scrolling and then selecting multiple messages. I love my BB 9900, but this touch thing is really annoying when I charge my phone! Will include a video tomorrow to show you it`s characteristics.
    Wow, I couldn't put up with that selecting like crazy. After the storm, i am looking to hide away from glitches all day
    08-17-11 02:02 AM
    unlike other blackberry devices, im unable zoom the video before capturing it on my bb9900. kindly help!!!
    08-17-11 08:30 AM
    It's unfortunate that people aren't happy with their 99XX. However, I do believe some of the glitches will be worked out with OS updates. After all, we saw this with many issues in the initial OS 6 versions.
    08-17-11 08:39 AM
    whine whine whine... I just adapt adapt and adapt. Love it since blackberry 1 come out in 1994
    08-17-11 09:21 AM
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

go to this website create account that will let you stop emails going to old bb device and get them to your new device. emails sometimes have to be transfered from old device manually. i had to do this for my email to start flowing
    08-17-11 09:22 AM
    It's sad, no auto focus.
    Nobody is whining it's just sad.
    Absolutely fabulous phone ruined.
    No auto focus no sale.
    08-17-11 10:18 AM
    It's sad, no auto focus.
    Nobody is whining it's just sad.
    Absolutely fabulous phone ruined.
    No auto focus no sale.
    Not ruined at all, the camera is so fast you can have parkinson and still take beautiful clear photos, it's actually amazing, i can shake the camera while I press the button and no sign of a blur.
    08-17-11 10:23 AM
    Ummmm, most people like to have a decent, auto focus camera on hand as opposed to carrying a huge and annoying DSLR around their neck.

Why carry two devices when you could just carry one? Try taking a pic of an important hand written note or a classified ad in a newspaper, or even an important business receipt or close up of a shipping receipt. You won't get a good picture without auto focus. I shouldn't need a DSLR for that. I can deposit checks into my bank account just by taking a picture of it, that feature isn't supported on devices without auto focus.
    If you are that worried about taking pictures then it would only stand to reason that you would want something that is high quality. A separate camera is the only real answer. The chip is bigger giving you higher quality pictures and the lens are better. Now if you are an insurance adjuster or similar I could understand, but to make the phone that thin there is no room for an autofocus lens assembly. There are other Blackberry's that are new with autofocus lenses/cameras. These would be your choices.
    08-17-11 10:34 AM
    No "thin" phones that have auto focus in the market?
    08-17-11 10:38 AM
    No "thin" phones that have auto focus in the market?
    To be honest, after experiencing the All Focus camera, I wouldn't go back unless they can somehow combine them.

08-17-11 11:14 AM
    Dude, not one thing is you said is true, I don't have any of those issues. Get ur phone replaced

i have to agree with this point, ive had mine in use for just over 24 hours now and can't say ive experienced any issues yet.
    08-17-11 11:49 AM
    Having none of those issues you mentioned as well. I do miss the older ringtones but as mentioned, you can download it from the link someone posted earlier and you're good to go.

08-17-11 12:41 PM
    08-17-11 01:14 PM
    I agree, the 9930 isn't for me unfortunately. However, that does not mean that you shouldn't buy this device. I was just responding to crazy remark of get a DSLR. Shouldnt need a DSLR just for autofocus. RIM will be making a serious mistake if it decides to not include AF in their next line of devices.
    This is the very reason why I'm going after the 9360 curve instead of the 9900. The non-af camera is a deal breaker for me.
    08-17-11 01:30 PM
    This is the very reason why I'm going after the 9360 curve instead of the 9900. The non-af camera is a deal breaker for me.
    Is this not good enough?
    08-17-11 01:34 PM
    I upgraded...oops!
    08-17-11 02:08 PM
    To be honest, after experiencing the All Focus camera, I wouldn't go back unless they can somehow combine them.

Don't plan on switching to the QNX devices then..
    08-17-11 02:10 PM
    Remember how OS 6 when it first came out? Hidden BBM Cursor, disappearing cursor while browsing, bad battery life, etc.

Give it sometime, it will get better.

For all that matters, from what I read about some comments from other users. OS 7 even though it is still early, is having a much better start and less bugs than OS 6

From your BlackBerry, visit OS 5 Ringtones

Download it and you will have your OS 5 ringtones back.

Enjoy your phone
    Is it out the the blackberry torch
    08-17-11 02:32 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD