Does anyone how to check the total usage on a device? I received an fru 9650 as a Tour replacement and I think it is new, just wondering if there is a way to tell. I did a search but came up empty.
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 05:41 AM
    If it works perfectly, does it really matter if it's new or not?
    06-24-10 05:59 AM
    Does anyone how to check the total usage on a device? I received an fru 9650 as a Tour replacement and I think it is new, just wondering if there is a way to tell. I did a search but came up empty.
    Thanks.

BUYR on status screen, mine had 0:00 voice & 0.00 data.
    06-24-10 07:10 AM
    BUYR on status screen, mine had 0:00 voice & 0.00 data.

i was wondering the same thing. My Bold is home waiting on me.

So those counters can't be reset even by the manufacturer? I really find it hard to believe they would actually have this many refurbs anyway since everyone and their brother got a bold replacement within the last week for their Tour.
    06-24-10 07:28 AM
    i was wondering the same thing. My Bold is home waiting on me.

So those counters can't be reset even by the manufacturer? I really find it hard to believe they would actually have this many refurbs anyway since everyone and their brother got a bold replacement within the last week for their Tour.
    I do not believe they are rest when they go thru the refurb process, but I could be wrong.

When I bought my Pearl back 12/08 it just didn't look brand new when I got it home. Did the BUYR trick and immediately took it back and asked how it could have had so much voice and data usage right out of the box.
    06-24-10 07:46 AM
    ok i'm obviously still asleep this morning. Remind me if you don't mind how to go about finding this counter again please. Thanks.
    06-24-10 07:51 AM
    ok i'm obviously still asleep this morning. Remind me if you don't mind how to go about finding this counter again please. Thanks.
    Go to Options > Status

Type buyr

4 additional lines of info appear - line 2 & 3 are data & voice

Please post your findings
    06-24-10 07:57 AM
    Well I've talked about 2 hours so far on the phone and I re-downloaded all my apps. I get the following:

Data: 58106.5K
    Voice: 2.16:45 hrs

So my phone was indeed brand new. It was shipped from Ft. Worth. It arrived in a brown box with just the phone. The box had two green stickers on it and the phone came with .699. FedEx marked the weight as 3 lbs.

And most importantly, I'm on .732 and it's p-e-r-f-e-c-t!
    06-24-10 08:17 AM
    Thanks to all for the knowledge. Greatly appreciated!
    06-24-10 08:27 AM
    my voice usage is: 46:54 data usage: 18258.4k

and i've been using my new Bold/Tour2 since tuesday night when i finally got home from our daughter's swim meet lol
    06-24-10 09:42 AM
    From the phone section if you go to Menu/Status what does Total Calls represent?
    06-24-10 10:01 AM
    The number for total calls in phone>menu>status is the same as voice usage in options>status. Buyr shows data usage.

06-24-10 10:25 AM
    I just received my replacement Bold the other day and just now got around to setting it up and activating it. It came in new retail packaging with all the paperwork and accesories. The usage is showing

Data 294.6k
    Voice 2:02
    06-24-10 10:36 AM
    The number for total calls in phone>menu>status is the same as voice usage in options>status. Buyr shows data usage.

Mine isn't. In status/buyr mine shows 3:48:42. In phone.menu/status mine shows 9:13:56:03. Not a big deal, just curious.
    06-24-10 11:21 AM
    I just received my replacement Bold the other day and just now got around to setting it up and activating it. It came in new retail packaging with all the paperwork and accesories. The usage is showing

Data 294.6k
    Voice 2:02
    Then it was 0:00 and 0.00 before you activated.
    06-24-10 11:24 AM
    Phone Menu > Status is total. If you did Device Switch Wizard, whatever information you had from old phone such as call timers would transfer over to the Bold.

Options > Status (BUYR) shows 1:32 on Bold
    Phone Menu > Status showed 5:06 (when I first got it and transferred all information)

5:06 was the same as what was on my Tour
    06-24-10 11:40 AM
    Phone Menu > Status is total. If you did Device Switch Wizard, whatever information you had from old phone such as call timers would transfer over to the Bold.

Phone Menu > Status showed 5:06 (when I first got it and transferred all information)

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't restore from DSW, I did the adnaced restore and limited it too contacts, messages, calendar entries.
    06-24-10 11:43 AM

Thanks - that makes sense. I did use the device switch wizard.
    06-24-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD