Lately, I've been dropping calls! What's up? I'm out in the west coast on Big Red (aka Verizon). This sh*t use to never happen! Now I have to move the phone around (and re-grip)to get a decent signal! WHAT'S UP? Did the *228 thing... Feeling a little worried that the network I depended on for connectivity is failing me. Make no mistake, connectivity is what matters most to me. Don't utube, don't tweet, don't facebook, just calls, sms, BBM, and occasional web use. What is up?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 02:46 PM
    Network reliability and holding the phone causing an external antenna issue (which is impossible since it doesn't have an external antenna) are two different things...
    09-24-10 02:54 PM
    Signal bounce is a known issue for 9650 under certain OS'. Or it could be your part of the network, like papped said.
    09-24-10 02:57 PM
    Also set the mobile network setting in Options to 1XEV instead of Global.
    09-24-10 02:58 PM
    I have spoke with Verizon's tech support many times about this issue. It is a KNOWN problem with the OS. And according to VZW, them and RIM are working on a patch fix for the problem.
    09-24-10 04:08 PM
    I have spoke with Verizon's tech support many times about this issue. It is a KNOWN problem with the OS. And according to VZW, them and RIM are working on a patch fix for the problem.
    If this is true (which is a fairly big if), just install the OS6 leak and the OS problem should no longer exist...
    09-24-10 04:13 PM
    If this is true (which is a fairly big if), just install the OS6 leak and the OS problem should no longer exist...
    OS6 seems to fix the problem most of the way. I see slight signal flux but for the most part its gone
    09-24-10 04:21 PM
    Lately, I've been dropping calls! What's up? I'm out in the west coast on Big Red (aka Verizon). This sh*t use to never happen! Now I have to move the phone around (and re-grip)to get a decent signal! WHAT'S UP? Did the *228 thing... Feeling a little worried that the network I depended on for connectivity is failing me. Make no mistake, connectivity is what matters most to me. Don't utube, don't tweet, don't facebook, just calls, sms, BBM, and occasional web use. What is up?!

I've been having this problem ever since I upped to .732.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-24-10 07:02 PM
    When I start having these issues with my 8310, a soft pull normally amends it. If that isn't working, you may consider a downgrade or trying the os6 leak. Haven't really played with BBSAK yet but it sounds like the potential is there to use the radio COD from a previous version and remove the current verions radio control.
    09-25-10 09:54 AM
    I have this problem too. It did not go away with OS6. Sometimes for no reason I will go to full 3g coverage to zero bars, then back to full coverage. It doesn't matter if I am holding the device or not. My network settings are set to home only and 1XEV.
    09-26-10 07:43 AM
    I have had this problem twice since I switched to the Bold. The first time, tech support supposedly updated some info and re-registered my device with the network. This worked for a while and the problem returned. I was then pushed a hybrid PRL and all is well.

09-26-10 07:58 AM
    What's an IToy?
    09-26-10 02:43 PM
    What's an IToy?
    The iToy is AKA the iphone.

09-26-10 03:07 PM

The iPhone is far from a toy.....I'm still a big fan of BB's notification system and bbm, but other than that the iPhone4 is superior to the BB's that are out now.....don't bother using the app argument bc the app store also is filled with awesome business oriented apps.....
    09-26-10 03:18 PM
    ===== QUOTE abtjason ====

===== /QUOTE ====

The iPhone is far from a toy.....I'm still a big fan of BB's notification system and bbm, but other than that the iPhone4 is superior to the BB's that are out now.....don't bother using the app argument bc the app store also is filled with awesome business oriented apps.....
    I would say it has more business apps than the blackberry has. More travel apps, more new related apps, more finance apps. Messaging and bbm is the only thing the BB has going for it at this point

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-26-10 04:24 PM
    There are those who feel the "iPhone" works better as a toy than a phone...and in certain parts of the country that was true.

09-26-10 05:32 PM
    Remember people there is not 1 phone that fits everyones needs. iPhone has apps that helps buisness people get stuff done and the berry is buisness oriented with more fun style apps available for download.

But back onto the OP problem. My father has vzw and he has just a basic flip phone and he told me the other day that he has been dropping calls like crazy lately. I think it may be more of a network issue rather than a device problem with the dropping of calls.

09-27-10 09:33 AM
    OS6 seems to fix the problem most of the way. I see slight signal flux but for the most part its gone
    +1 my signal is much better under BB6
    09-27-10 09:45 AM
    I think as carriers upgrade and prepare for upgrades in networks some will have these issues.
    09-27-10 09:51 AM
    I think as carriers upgrade and prepare for upgrades in networks some will have these issues.
    I think you're absolutely correct. The trick is get a smart tech who can get your device working properly again with the network changes. At times, I've had to make more than one call to have a signal fluctuation issue resolved. So far, VZW has yet to dissappoint me in dealing with this periodic issue.

09-27-10 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD