so far i have tried 4 verizon bolds and each time it gives me freezing problems in bbms and in sound profiles. it also freezes when i am scanning thru applications. anyway, it doesnt seem to be a common problem with this phone according to online technicians or in the store. I was thinking tonight it might be a problem when i load my contacts and bbm buddies onto my phone , that something in there is causing the phone to be messed up.

i just wiped my phone clean and with the help of a tech, put on my fone only my address book and nothing else, no bbm buddy pins or anything. well, its still freezing up on me. i dont know what else to do?

they dont even wanna give me a 5th bold to try even tho i am still in my 30 day period.

should i give up and get the curve 2?
    i was sooo excited to get this fone and i am so bummed that i have this problem.
    06-29-10 07:59 PM
    i have had two bolds already (vz sent me the wrong phone) and neither had this issue. my first guess would be another wipe, with like BBSAK. and a DIFFERENT OS.
    06-29-10 08:03 PM
    Is the phone having trouble getting reception all the time?

If so that's going to cause problems.
    06-29-10 08:05 PM
    how do you put a different OS? i am not so tech savvy. and what is bbsak?
    06-29-10 08:06 PM
    no reception problems just freezing constantly where the trackpad just doesnt scroll at all. its stuck. its soooo annoying. they told me in the store that i need to live with this and deal but i cant . its too frequent . i shouldnt have to have this for 2 yrs now.

what else could cause the trackpad to lock up?
    06-29-10 08:09 PM
    what OS do you have on it?

options>about>it should look like 5.0.0.732 ...

whats yours?
    06-29-10 08:12 PM
    yes, i have .732
    06-29-10 08:34 PM
    Could try updating your PRL, dial *228 pick option 2
    06-29-10 08:36 PM
    what else could cause trackpad freezing? how would i know if there is something in my contact list that is corrupting the phone?
    06-29-10 08:41 PM
    hmm... I have read here that wiping you OS and re-installing does speed up some processes.

try at your own risk though. and get some knowledge before diving in..

BlackberryOS - Your Blackberry RIM Software and RIM Applications Source - New App: BBSAK (Swiss Army Knife) Beta!
    Did you try the phone before doing the restore? Aka clean OS?

If the techs restored your data on every single phone before trying it out for lag, that was kind of stupid...
    i did the *228 option 2 so many times already. we wiped phone clean twice, there must be something in my address book messing me up thats the only thing i can think of
    06-29-10 08:42 PM
    then wipe your phone ( through the blackberry options menu) and see if its quicker. if it is, add contacts manually
    06-29-10 08:44 PM
    omg that will take forever...i have almost 300 contacts
    06-29-10 08:46 PM
    im sure it will make up for the time of a slow device for two years

you have a backup, just try it.. its the most logical thing to do
    06-29-10 08:46 PM
    can i wipe it clean and than just add a few contacts not all of them, just to see if it still locks up?
    06-29-10 08:48 PM
    yeah its your phone, you can do whatever you want.

make sure you have a backup. And another idea, make another backup of just your contacts. I think its in advanced.
    06-29-10 08:50 PM
    This happens on twitter all the time where it will just freeze when scrolling through tweets. This is 3 bold n it was same on all. It also happens wit browser. When scrolling through a page. Its like its running out of memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 09:04 PM
    no reception problems just freezing constantly where the trackpad just doesnt scroll at all. its stuck. its soooo annoying. they told me in the store that i need to live with this and deal but i cant . its too frequent . i shouldnt have to have this for 2 yrs now.

what else could cause the trackpad to lock up?
    Well samething happen to my phone when I first got it. I move from a blackberry tour over to bold 9650. I am on the BES if that makes a difference. Basically it was constantly freezing up and very slow for 10 seconds, like something running in the background and the phone was a little warm. After a couple battery pulls and a few hours it seem the OS stablize and it was normal again. I also uninstall my weather program and reinstall that. I updated my blackberry PIN to the new device for BIS. Maybe just let the OS settle for a few hours after 2 to 3 battery pulls and see how it performs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 09:11 PM
    Do you have Outlook? If so you could sync contacts with that. But your idea of adding just a few to an empty is a great testing idea.

Do you have a case on the unit? I had trouble the other day - I believe my Otterbox defender was pressing down on the CAMERA (right convenience key) - it is a two-stage key and if pressed and not fully released can lead to a lockup even if NOT assigned to camera (I have it assigned to shortcutme). I could scroll left and right on the main screen but not at all on the app screen. Might you be pressing that key while holding the phone?

Have you installed or reinstalled any other apps?
    06-29-10 09:22 PM
    well with all these issues I have seen some people have am glad I won't be getting my upgrade till march by then all the bugs will be out of it and who knows what will be available then. In the meantime I have the 8530 and it is just fine
    06-29-10 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD