Ive had my blackberry for a week now and I am already on my way to getting a third one because for some unknown reason I continue to mute myself to the person I am talking to. At some point in the conversation they can not hear me anymore but I can still hear them. I am not pressing any of the mute buttons or holding my finger over the microphone. I am the only person that ive talked to who is doing this. Its happened with both phones that I've had. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else. Any help would be great. Thanks
    07-05-10 08:33 PM
    You know where the MUTE 'button' is located? It is not quite a button but the top edge of the unit contains the LOCK on the left and the MUTE on the right - all they really are are discrete "press down" points. So you might inadvertently press the top edge and Mute the call.

But, have you installed any 3rd party applications that might be having this impact?

What carrier and which OS?
    07-05-10 10:11 PM
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I know i'm not hitting the mute button on the top of the phone or the mute button in the menu. When the phone "mutes" i look at the screen and there is no sign of mute at all. Everything looks fine and there are no changes.

I have installed 3rd party apps but after talking to a Verizon support person they had me do a complete wipe of the phone and not download any apps. Unfortunately after wiping the phone the problem still occurred.

I have no idea what the problem could be. I am getting my 3rd phone tomorrow so maybe I had really bad luck and had the only two Verizon BB Bolds that have this issue...but i doubt that is the case. There is obviously some setting or something I am doing wrong. The thing I can think of is that I keep messing up my phone by using my old charger that I had for my LG enV 3 but once again I dont know why that would cause the issue.
    07-05-10 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD