Hi,

Was handed down a bold 9000 (no memory card) by my Brother in Law.

I cant upload songs/videos onto the BB even using the desktop software.

Was wondering if I can go around this issue by inserting a memory card and playing it from there.

Can someone please provide some insight if this is possible????
    07-05-11 08:40 AM
    U need a micro SD card (probably worth buying one with the SD card-size adapter). Simple to fit and use, I used to put the micro card into the adapter then putting the adapter into a card reader to connect to the PC, transfer my media then putting the card back into the blackberry, but its really easy to transfer stuff direct from PC to device through desktop manager now.

Look on ebay or google micro SD cards and check this thread for a list of capacities each OS will handle.

//forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-whats-maximum-size-capacity-micro-sd-card-can-go-into-blackberry-91909

Cheers....
    adamnsu likes this.
    07-05-11 12:20 PM
    The 9000 does have 1 GB of internal memory for media and such, so you should be able to put some music and videos on it.

Go to Options> Media, make sure "Mass Storage Mode" is set to On, and "Enable when connected" (or something like that) is set to Yes or Prompt.

After doing that you should just be able to plug in the phone using the cord, and just drag and drop your files you want. Just like you would with any other external drive you plug into the computer. There's no need to even use Desktop Manager for transferring files, I find it more difficult even.

It sure would help to get yourself a media card though, 1GB isn't much space...
    07-05-11 12:33 PM
    Just a word of warning. Many of the media cards sold on eBay are fakes. fake 32gb micro sd cards still alive and well on ebay. in Community Help Boards in Community

You are better off buying from a reputable vendor such as TigerDirect.com or Newegg.com.
    adamnsu likes this.
    07-05-11 12:36 PM
    The 9000 does have 1 GB of internal memory for media and such, so you should be able to put some music and videos on it.

Go to Options> Media, make sure "Mass Storage Mode" is set to On, and "Enable when connected" (or something like that) is set to Yes or Prompt.

After doing that you should just be able to plug in the phone using the cord, and just drag and drop your files you want. Just like you would with any other external drive you plug into the computer. There's no need to even use Desktop Manager for transferring files, I find it more difficult even.

It sure would help to get yourself a media card though, 1GB isn't much space...
    I thought it was that simple. But my BB does not come up as a mass storage device.
    07-05-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD