Does anyone know if the music quality coming from the Bold is (when listened through earphones) comparable to an ipod/iphone? I like the iTunes compatibility/Micro SD expandability and I think I will be using the music player function quite a bit when I get the Bold.
    09-05-08 08:40 AM
    I have read many are extremely pleased with the sound quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 10:07 AM
    I have a pretty high standard for sound quality, and while I haven't done extensive testing, my initial feeling is that it is quite good. I would say that it compares pretty well to an ipod, although some may feel that the volume is too low even at the highest settings. I will mainly be using the audio player for audio books and casual music listening, and for that it's perfect. One thing to note, however, is that itunes compatibility is not something that you can use with a 64 bit OS. I am running Vista 64 and have to drag and drop everything from Windows Explorer, which isn't too bad, but still not something that is published anywhere I don't think.
    09-05-08 10:25 AM
    Just listening to it now, and I would say the sound is pretty damn good (depends on how good the MP3's are encoded).

As good as the IPOD, but then the IPOD sound quality isn't the best as my Sony MP3 will beat the pants off that piece of sh*t.

Hope this helps !!!!!!
    09-05-08 10:49 AM
    I think the sound is amazing. It's just about as loud, if not louder, than my HP laptop and I absolutely LOVE the way my media mp3's and ringtones sound on it.
    09-05-08 11:24 AM
    I had an iphone and swapped it in for the Bold, let me tell you my friend the BOLD's sound quality is amazing compared to the iphone and ipod 10/10
    09-05-08 11:26 AM
    I haven't listened to it through headphones yet, but will be plugging it into my car in a little bit. As for the sound coming out of the tiny speakers on the sides, I was impressed. It's a lot better than my iphone. Also, for those that think it is too low, I found in the option for the media player there is an audio boost which will make the sound louder.
    09-05-08 11:43 AM
    Hi all,

Well i have been using a 80GB 5.5 Gen iPod with my Music converted @256kbps AAC and using a pair of Shure EC2g ear phones. Listening to the same tracks with the same ear phones sounds great on the Bold and volume 6-7 is more than loud enough and full volume is just to loud. I am know selling my iPod as will just listen to Music via my Bold from now on. Especially as there are 16GB and 32GB cards on there way i just don't feel i need two devices anymore.

Marc
    09-05-08 12:31 PM
    Hi all,

Well i have been using a 80GB 5.5 Gen iPod with my Music converted @256kbps AAC and using a pair of Shure EC2g ear phones. Listening to the same tracks with the same ear phones sounds great on the Bold and volume 6-7 is more than loud enough and full volume is just to loud. I am know selling my iPod as will just listen to Music via my Bold from now on. Especially as there are 16GB and 32GB cards on there way i just don't feel i need two devices anymore.

Marc
    Will 16GB or 32GB cards even work on the Bold? I thought the max. supported was 8GB?
    09-05-08 12:42 PM
    @meniac

Well seeing as the 8GB cards work perfectly as that is what i am using now and that is an SDHC card there is no reason why the larger 16&32GB cards won't work IMO.

Marc
    09-05-08 12:45 PM
    I always though the Curve's media playback was excellent, but the Bold's really does improve upon that!
    09-05-08 03:06 PM
    I haven't listened to it through headphones yet, but will be plugging it into my car in a little bit. As for the sound coming out of the tiny speakers on the sides, I was impressed. ]
    Ditto, pretty amazing and nicely stereo too..
    09-05-08 03:36 PM
    Will 16GB or 32GB cards even work on the Bold? I thought the max. supported was 8GB?
    Yes they will.
    09-05-08 05:09 PM
    Sounds good! Glad to know that the BOLD is sonically comparable to the ipod/iphone. I'm aiming to get a 32GB microsd to go with it the Bold =)
    09-05-08 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD