Do you know of any free music id software? Really don't want to pay for a subscription. Thanks in advance.
    06-05-09 04:18 PM
    try shazam?
    06-05-09 04:48 PM
    It is one time $5 after 60 days though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:05 PM
    And if you want music ID software, Shazam is worth the $5.
    06-05-09 05:22 PM
    Shazam really does cost $5 after 60 days? I thought that was for premium or something like that.
    06-05-09 05:30 PM
    You can still use Shazam after the trial runs out with having to purchase. You are limited to only 5 tags per month though.

06-05-09 06:33 PM
    You can still use Shazam after the trial runs out with having to purchase. You are limited to only 5 tags per month though.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
    06-05-09 07:42 PM
    Still, it's $5.
    06-05-09 08:35 PM
    hi well want shazam for my bold but can not see where to download it can not find it on the app and that i am from england and on orange please help
    06-06-09 05:13 PM
    I don't quite understand why you would need Shazzam or any outside program on your BB. If you rip CD's and move them over, they get ID'd for free by any number of programs, if you get them from the Apple store in MP3 format they come ID'd, virtually anywhere you get music you get it ID'd for free and then move it over to your BB using DM. There's no other way to get it on your Bold, unless you use your browser to log onto a site and buy it, which would be one royal PITA as opposed to doing it on your home machine.
    06-07-09 11:19 AM
    I don't quite understand why you would need Shazzam or any outside program on your BB. If you rip CD's and move them over, they get ID'd for free by any number of programs, if you get them from the Apple store in MP3 format they come ID'd, virtually anywhere you get music you get it ID'd for free and then move it over to your BB using DM. There's no other way to get it on your Bold, unless you use your browser to log onto a site and buy it, which would be one royal PITA as opposed to doing it on your home machine.
    not sure, but i think the op is more interested in the way shazam can listen to a song and give you the artist and title. so when you're out and you hear a song you like, but don't know, you can use shazam to get that information to purchase or download the song later.
    06-07-09 11:23 AM
    not sure, but i think the op is more interested in the way shazam can listen to a song and give you the artist and title. so when you're out and you hear a song you like, but don't know, you can use shazam to get that information to purchase or download the song later.
    But you will get the song info wherever you buy it....Apple, Shazam, etc. So I would ask again, why pay anything for what you get free?
    06-07-09 12:02 PM
    But you will get the song info wherever you buy it....Apple, Shazam, etc. So I would ask again, why pay anything for what you get free?
    You still have to know what song it is you want to buy before you buy it. And that's what Shazam does; help you identify that new song you're listening to on the radio, but have no idea who the artist is or what the name of the song is.

06-07-09 12:41 PM
    Your phone listens to the song and tells you the name, artist, etc. It's not ID tags for a file.
    06-07-09 02:00 PM
    i am gonna purchase the full version of shazam today...
    but can it transfer to my next device when i upgrade?
    Last edited by benzworm; 06-07-09 at 02:38 PM.
    06-07-09 02:27 PM
    Shazam doesn't work as well as the iPhone version IMO, but it's the best out there for the berry.
    06-07-09 02:28 PM
    Anyone got a download link? I'm on my berry so if one is posted I can't see it

06-07-09 02:36 PM
    Anyone got a download link? I'm on my berry so if one is posted I can't see it

it is in app world...
    06-07-09 02:38 PM
    Haha oh. I don't have app world... Maybe I should look into that. I deleted it cuz I thought it was hogging memory

06-07-09 02:39 PM
    they have updated it, so it isnt such a hog...

havent seen an ota link for it...
    06-07-09 02:44 PM
    I got it. And I am sumwhat under impressed. It got some of the harder songs like a couple Alesana songs I didn't have titled. But playing around with it I tried a few simple songs. It didn't identify Swing Life Away by Rise against or Faces in disguise by Sunny Day Real estate

06-07-09 02:59 PM
    You still have to know what song it is you want to buy before you buy it. And that's what Shazam does; help you identify that new song you're listening to on the radio, but have no idea who the artist is or what the name of the song is.

that was exactly my point, thank you. if you don't know what song it is, how can you get it?? obviously you wouldn't need to id it if you have the cd already.
    06-07-09 04:42 PM
    mine always work... even in a noisey bar!
    06-07-09 04:59 PM
    i've only tried about 4 songs since dl'ing and it got 3 out of 4...the one it didn't get was on the radio so i figure it should have gotten it. oh well.
    06-07-09 06:48 PM
    that was exactly my point, thank you. if you don't know what song it is, how can you get it?? obviously you wouldn't need to id it if you have the cd already.
    You wouldn't use this software for music you already own. If you were in a bar, store or listen to the radio and you heard a song you liked but don't know who the artist is, shazam can tell you the name of the song,artist and album. It can even recommend similar songs. Pretty cool program for 5 bucks. The iphone version is better though.
    06-08-09 03:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD