How can I tell if my wifi is on or not? My wifi logo on the upper right corner is "colored" in black/white. If its on, does it drain the battery? I've noticed my phone's battery life has been weaker than my Tour.

Has anyone else noticed the weak battery life compared to the Tour (for those that had one)?

Lastly, the Bolds didn't come with a media card? I was able to record videos on my Tour but when I tried recording a video yesterday, a screen came up with "To record a video, insert a Media Card." If they didn't, how much would it cost to get one?

If someone can help me, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    06-23-10 07:23 PM
    Set Options > Mobile Network to 1XEV instead of Global. This will improve the battery probably.

Also dial up *228 and selection option 2 to update your PRL.

If you're in the browser and you see the white wifi logo in the corner you're using wifi.

The Sprint version comes with a 2gb memory card, not sure about VZ.

DO NOT buy memory cards from either ebay or amazon, get them from authorized distributors, unless you like getting ripped off.
    06-23-10 07:28 PM
    My verizon Bold replacement for my Tour came with a 2gig card. But it came like a retail package so battery, charger, holster, etc and SD card.
    06-23-10 07:58 PM
    Set Options > Mobile Network to 1XEV instead of Global. This will improve the battery probably.

Also dial up *228 and selection option 2 to update your PRL.

If you're in the browser and you see the white wifi logo in the corner you're using wifi.

The Sprint version comes with a 2gb memory card, not sure about VZ.

DO NOT buy memory cards from either ebay or amazon, get them from authorized distributors, unless you like getting ripped off.
    Thanks. What's the difference between 1XEV and Global?
    06-24-10 12:06 AM
    My verizon Bold replacement for my Tour came with a 2gig card. But it came like a retail package so battery, charger, holster, etc and SD card.
    I got my Bold as a replacement last Thursday. You got yours in a retail package?
    06-24-10 12:08 AM
    Global looks for gsm signals, which is pointless generally

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 01:00 AM

If your bold was a replacement as in you walked out of the store with just the phone, no box no nothing, then the rep should have taken the memory card out of your old phone and put it into your new one. I bought my bold from vzw and it came with a 2gb card.

06-24-10 03:14 AM
    The battery life will be affected by having the Wi-Fi radio on as every so often it does a scan to try and connect to saved profiles. You only know if is has got an active connection if the black/white icon goes bold.
    With the video recorder, the reason you can record on your Tour is because it has dedicated internal media memory, where as the 9700 does not (Not sure about the 9000).
    06-24-10 04:24 AM
    I got my Bold as a replacement last Thursday. You got yours in a retail package?
    Yes. Full set of what you'd get purchasing a new phone. Lots of folks have gotten it that way. It appears to be luck of draw or maybe where it shipped from. Others got just the brown box and just the phone.
    06-24-10 08:12 AM
    My Bold from VZW came with an SD card already installed. If I had to buy a new one though I would go to Walmart or Best Buy, something like that. They're 1/2 the price of the phone retailers. Got my daughters 2G SD card from Walmart for $11.

06-24-10 08:14 AM
    Get SmartWifi, it automatically connects and disconnects from your Wifi networks as you enter/leave the area. It also shut on/off the Wifi radio too. Saves massive battery!
    06-24-10 08:23 AM

Do most Blackberry users not set it on Global?
    06-24-10 04:22 PM
    If your bold was a replacement as in you walked out of the store with just the phone, no box no nothing, then the rep should have taken the memory card out of your old phone and put it into your new one. I bought my bold from vzw and it came with a 2gb card.

My Bold was a replacement. I received it in the mail with no box, no nothing. Should I go back and try to fight my situation and get a memory card?
    06-24-10 04:25 PM
    The battery life will be affected by having the Wi-Fi radio on as every so often it does a scan to try and connect to saved profiles. You only know if is has got an active connection if the black/white icon goes bold.
    With the video recorder, the reason you can record on your Tour is because it has dedicated internal media memory, where as the 9700 does not (Not sure about the 9000).
    So, I would have to buy a media card then. That's if I wanted to record videos.
    06-24-10 04:27 PM
    Yes. Full set of what you'd get purchasing a new phone. Lots of folks have gotten it that way. It appears to be luck of draw or maybe where it shipped from. Others got just the brown box and just the phone.
    I got mine in a brown box with just the phone.
    06-24-10 04:28 PM
    My Bold from VZW came with an SD card already installed. If I had to buy a new one though I would go to Walmart or Best Buy, something like that. They're 1/2 the price of the phone retailers. Got my daughters 2G SD card from Walmart for $11.

I wonder if purchased Bolds came with a card and replacement with nothing.
    06-24-10 04:30 PM
    Get SmartWifi, it automatically connects and disconnects from your Wifi networks as you enter/leave the area. It also shut on/off the Wifi radio too. Saves massive battery!
    Do I have to pay for that or is it a free download.
    06-24-10 04:31 PM
    Battery life is worse than the Tour if you have Wifi running.
    06-24-10 04:53 PM
    Thank you.
    06-24-10 09:02 PM
    I bought mine from VZW, came with a 2g card.

06-24-10 10:04 PM
    I wonder if all the replacements didn't...
    06-26-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD