I have four email accounts on my BB and each account apparently has a calendar. I would like to eliminate three of the four calendars but keep the email. How can I eliminate those calendars? Thanks
    07-15-11 04:20 AM
    Do you want to move appts on the other calendars to the one you want to keep first? You can set the calendar you want as the default calendar in options/default services. Moving appts can be done by a series of keystrokes. I'll try to find the BB KB article on it for you.
    07-15-11 09:30 PM
    07-15-11 09:31 PM
    Multiple threads...
    07-16-11 12:10 AM
    Great. Thanks. Once I move the appointments to the default calendar, can I delete the miscellaneous ones?
    07-16-11 04:10 AM
    Great. Thanks. Once I move the appointments to the default calendar, can I delete the miscellaneous ones?
    Yes you can. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Books, then find and delete the line items for each email's "CICAL" (calendar) entry that you want to get rid of. Do not delete the CICAL entry for the calendar you want to keep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 06:06 AM
    Yes you can. Go to Options - Advanced - Service Books, then find and delete the line items for each email's "CICAL" (calendar) entry that you want to get rid of. Do not delete the CICAL entry for the calendar you want to keep.

Will they reload after a battery pull?

07-16-11 10:47 AM

I don't believe so. But this will reappear if you resend service books.
    07-16-11 11:16 AM

Definitely won't reload after a battery pull. Don't know about resending service books. I deleted two Calendar CICAL line items months ago and they haven't come back.

07-16-11 12:27 PM
    Definitely won't reload after a battery pull. Don't know about resending service books. I deleted two Calendar CICAL line items months ago and they haven't come back.

Thanks. I just deleted all of mine except for the one I use.
    07-16-11 12:32 PM
    As did I. Thanks so much for your help!!
    07-16-11 01:32 PM
    OK. One more question - I now have two calendars - the one I want (syncs to Outlook) and another "Default". Can I eliminate the default one? If so, how do I do that? I thought my email one was the default one.
    07-17-11 05:18 AM
    I guess I should ask my question another way. My correct calendar is fine. There is also a default calendar that has a ton of calendar items in it. If I can figure out how to delete the items in that default calendar, that would be fine. If there is help out there, I would appreciate it. Thanks
    07-17-11 01:26 PM
    You'll need to change your default calendar to the correct one. Let's say your correct calendar is called "Home". From your home screen, hit the menu and open OPTIONS. In the search box, type "def" (without quotes). Move the cursor down to DEFAULT SERVICES. Look at the Calendar dropdown box. Select "Home" (the calendar that you want) as your default. Save your settings and exit.

After you reboot and verify that the selected default calendar is the right one, you should be able to delete the other. If you cannot delete the calendar labelled "DEFAULT", you should be able to delete the entries. First, do a full sync with Outlook. Then, do a backup with DM. AFTER you make the backup, click DEVICE/DELETE DATA. Hit SELECTED DATA, then scroll down to the Calendar. Click on the box next to both Calendar and Calendar-all, and delete. After the data is deleted, you'll have to sync again, this time changing the calendar sync setting to overwrite the device. That will get your calendar data back onto the BlackBerry.
    07-17-11 06:59 PM

Finally did a battery pull. I looked to see if the other calendars came back, and they didn't, all except one: the one associated with my hotmail address! It wasn't set as default, but when I selected it to view it, it seemed to be populated with all my entries. I just deleted it again.

07-18-11 02:50 PM
    When I open my calendar and click menu/view calendar, view all calendars is checked. Is there a way to set it so only one calendar is viewed and keep it that way?
    07-18-11 08:19 PM
    When I open my calendar and click menu/view calendar, view all calendars is checked. Is there a way to set it so only one calendar is viewed and keep it that way?
    Not that I've found. I think that it defaults to ALL.
    07-18-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD