For myself I see two advantages with this battery: longer life by about 20%, and it charges to 100% in the docking station which the JM1 rarely did. It's a winner!
    keyhole likes this.
    08-29-12 03:07 AM
    Two cool things from Mugen today:

1) free shipping today

2) 7% discount with this discount code: MUGENRULEZ

You can but it today for about $30 USD free shipping!

Going to get one now...

Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices
    09-01-12 12:42 AM
    Straight from Mugen (1500mAh battery for 9900/9930):
    Availability: This item is currently out of stock. If ordered now, it will be shipped on September 21, 2012
    Happy I got mine in August. On the 4th charge and thing lasts me 2 days easily..
    Stock battery would need a charge every night.
    09-01-12 01:36 PM
    Two questions...why didn't RIM put it there in the first place? and if not dose RIM think it will harm the phone? and I had the 9930 the first one running the gps I was down to 25% AT 12 noon. so I took it back. got the shakes the got a second from best when it was 99.00 almost couldn't resist the price. it was like it was calling .that one worked better I notice the unboxing from sprint and from best buy. it looked like the one from sprint was one they took back in. Anyway you want to check battery life run GPS. along with the other things you do in the course of a day. I also ordered one if nothing else i will have two batteries.
    kolok likes this.
    09-02-12 07:03 AM
    Any comment on this battery and a 9790?
    09-02-12 09:10 AM
    It's for the 99XX's.
    09-02-12 09:11 AM
    Technically should work on the 9790. Both the 9900/9930 and the 9790 use the same JM-1 battery, so I don't see why not. The Mugen 1500mAh is slightly thicker (a mm or just a bit more) than the stock JM-1, but the door on the 9900 closes nicely without a problem.
    09-02-12 12:09 PM
    Two questions...why didn't RIM put it there in the first place? and if not dose RIM think it will harm the phone? and I had the 9930 the first one running the gps I was down to 25% AT 12 noon....
    I don't think it harms the phone, seems RIM just picked a size that could be used in multiple model phones, reducing their costs in the process. The JM-1 battery is used in the 9900/9930, 9790, 9380, 9860. Some state the battery was designed to be wafer-thin in order to accommodate and maintain the "thin" design of the phone (99xx in particular). That argument can obviously be tossed out the window since the 1500 fits without a hitch.

Why didn't RIM use this in the first place? Good question, only RIM knows and RIM doesn't tell.

Just seems to me the capacity size was an afterthought.

Now just wondering about whether the proposed 1800mAh in the all-touch BB10 will suffice or whether THAT will turn into another "battery doesn't last me through the day" fiasco.
    keyhole likes this.
    09-02-12 12:19 PM
    Just ordered and hopefully I will see a boost in performance unlike an earlier poster.
    09-03-12 01:45 AM
    Hi guys , just received my battery . I put it in to the phone and is showing me the battery is 95% full . The phone is in the charger for one hour and the battery level is still at 95%. Did this happen to somebody else or is just the phone not being able to read corectly the new battery yet . Also I want to know if is safe after few charges with the regular charger to start using the PlayBook charger ? I was using that one with the regular battery and it was charging very fast .
    09-04-12 12:47 PM
    I too received the battery charged up in the 90's. I just followed the instructions and charged the battery regardless of indicated level - charged the phone (with the phone on - cell radio turned off) overnight (10 hrs total), then used the phone as I normally would until it reached 1%, then charged again for 11 hrs (phone on - cell radio off).

I did have to perform a couple of battery pulls after the second charge. Noticed the battery level jump +12% - leads me to believe the phone was having a bit of trouble interpreting the battery capacity.

Either way, I'm done with the 4-5 full charge/discharge cycles and now free to "top-off" whenever I need. Interestingly, if I do a battery pull now (to see if battery level will increase, it doesn't... after reboot battery level stays the same).

I do notice now that the phone will only turn off the cell radio when battery level reaches 1%. With the JM-1, the phone's software would turn off the radio at 5-7%.

Hope that helps.
    So just to confirm, when you charge does your battery go right up to 100%?
    09-04-12 04:41 PM
    I too received the battery charged up in the 90's. I just followed the instructions and charged the battery regardless of indicated level - charged the phone (with the phone on - cell radio turned off) overnight (10 hrs total), then used the phone as I normally would until it reached 1%, then charged again for 11 hrs (phone on - cell radio off).

I did have to perform a couple of battery pulls after the second charge. Noticed the battery level jump +12% - leads me to believe the phone was having a bit of trouble interpreting the battery capacity.

Either way, I'm done with the 4-5 full charge/discharge cycles and now free to "top-off" whenever I need. Interestingly, if I do a battery pull now (to see if battery level will increase, it doesn't... after reboot battery level stays the same).

I do notice now that the phone will only turn off the cell radio when battery level reaches 1%. With the JM-1, the phone's software would turn off the radio at 5-7%.

Hope that helps.
    09-04-12 05:31 PM
    Just ordered and hopefully I will see a boost in performance unlike an earlier poster.
    Keep in mind you won't see a difference in terms of battery discharge rate, but you will notice a difference in the average battery discharge - it will last longer but your phone won't magically use less power.
    09-04-12 05:40 PM
    after 6 hours of charging the battery shows is 100% charge . I think I will do a battery pull and see if it stays at 100% .
    09-04-12 05:41 PM
    after 6 hours of charging the battery shows is 100% charge . I think I will do a battery pull and see if it stays at 100% .
    Have you tried putting your BB battery back in? I wonder if that would confuse the phone and you'd have to start all over again.
    09-04-12 06:04 PM
    So just to confirm, when you charge does your battery go right up to 100%?
    Yup, goes to 100% and seems to stay there for a bit, actually. I tested every time after a full charge (10 hrs) with a multimeter and it showed from 4.188V to 4.192V

So far, I'm really pleased with the performance of this battery. After being charged overnight Sun-Monday, being on all day yesterday (a couple of dozen BBM's a few phone calls, bunch of txt msgs), I went to bed at midnight with the battery showing 85%! Today quite busy, but as of now showing 59% ... spurts of heavy use today. I'll probably end up charging it overnight for it to be fully ready for big day tomorrow.
    09-04-12 06:22 PM
    Have you tried putting your BB battery back in? I wonder if that would confuse the phone and you'd have to start all over again.
    no , i just want to use the new one for a week and see if it will perform better . hopefully will be better and i will never need the original one
    09-04-12 11:12 PM
    So today was the first day with the new battery . With moderate use from 9am to 9pm used 60% of the battery . With the regular battery probably at 6PM usually I didn't have left more then 20% . So is definitely a improvement and I hope is will get even better after few charging cycles .
    FraBB likes this.
    09-05-12 11:23 PM
    Any other experiences with this battery? Im planning to buy one!
    09-09-12 04:58 PM
    Fun fact:

In Japanese, "Mugen" means "without limit" or "infinite".
    09-10-12 12:34 PM
    So does this one support NFC?
    09-11-12 11:10 AM
    NFC is not in the battery. The contacts for NFC are on the battery door which fits perfectly over this Mugen 1500mAh battery. This is not the case with some other batteries - the battery door will not fit over even higher capacity batteries, thus loss of NFC capability.
    09-11-12 06:11 PM
    Hmm

So what's the conclusion?

Worth it or not?
    09-11-12 09:04 PM
    I'm happy with mine and would buy another if needed. Gives me noticeable extra battery life. Its not like double the life or anything, but now I can usually make it through my day without needing to charge it where as with the stock battery I rarely ever could
    09-12-12 12:21 AM
    Today, after 12 hrs of moderate usage the battery level shows 60%. It used to be around 30-35% with the original JM-1. And with heavy usage I could make it up to 12-14 hrs with still 20-25% juice left. Between, the phone is running on BLU RC4 for a while and I've been using the battery for a few weeks.
    09-12-12 10:20 AM
183 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD