iPhone users do not need to carry a spare battery in their wallet!
    Cause they can't!(:
    08-20-12 05:18 AM
    Cause they can't!(:
    What ever you say but if you compare the battery problems in this forum on the 99XX and the iPhone 4s forums, the iPhone has got it easy!

I guess if you love a device no matter what . . . . .
    08-20-12 06:11 AM
    iPhone users do not need to carry a spare battery in their wallet!
    Yeah right..but they need to charge 3 times in a day or keep the car charger plugged on their devices
    08-20-12 07:40 AM
    Got mine in the mail this morning. Need to charge and will report back.
    08-20-12 09:45 AM
    Got mine in the mail this morning also. Surprised shipping was so quick! First charge later this evening.
    Last edited by upset; 08-20-12 at 11:42 AM.
    08-20-12 11:01 AM
    Yeah right..but they need to charge 3 times in a day or keep the car charger plugged on their devices
    I can tell you have never used a 4S. I have forgot to put mine on the charger at the end of the day and still had 47% left in the am when I woke. That was the only time I charged my device at work and I have been using iPhone for a while.

I do not blame you for being protective about your devices. I was one of you all the way back to the RIM 950 until the 9900. Liklely longer than some of you have been ALIVE! The battery always lasted WAY longer than any other device on the market but then there was the 9900.
    08-20-12 12:06 PM
    One person's good battery life on a phone is another person's crap battery life on the same phone...

iPhone 4S Battery Life: How Does It Compare to Other Smartphones? | PCWorld

Their high-stress battery test showed worse battery life than the mytouch 4g slide, which has crap battery life.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/18536402#18536402

I could just as easily find good battery life threads. But there are still tons of bad ones...
    08-20-12 01:38 PM
    One person's good battery life on a phone is another person's crap battery life on the same phone...

iPhone 4S Battery Life: How Does It Compare to Other Smartphones? | PCWorld

Their high-stress battery test showed worse battery life than the mytouch 4g slide, which has crap battery life.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/18536402#18536402

I could just as easily find good battery life threads. But there are still tons of bad ones...

Lol touch�! Or in other words, ask PhillUK about how good batt life on 9900 is, and he'll say grand where I will probably say crap. Lol!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-20-12 02:13 PM
    Both of the iPhone 4S users in my office need to charge 2-3 times a day and both have had at least 2 or 3 previous iPhones (I lost count).
    08-20-12 02:38 PM
    Hi there,

Have been testing two new Mugen 1500mah batteries for over 5 days, on two 9900 handsets, one using 7.1.0.437, the other 7.1.0.569.

Looks like I have finally found piece of mind. The Mugen battery will keep me going on 3g for 18/24 hours, the next best battery is the Momax 1400mah battery.

The main advantage is that the Mugen battery dies not have to be coded and works straight out of the packaging!

I now have the best all round smart phone in the world (IMO)

This is the package that RIM should have had from the start, or even offered when they launched the JS1 1450mah battery.

My spare Momax Batteries will go to my friends who own 9790/9860 phones and my original JM1 1230mah batteries will go on ebay for �5.00

Feel sorry for Seidio and there 3,000mah battery - your being left behind now!

Last edited by fabio1; 08-21-12 at 12:34 AM.
    08-20-12 02:39 PM
    Got mine in the mail this morning. Need to charge and will report back.
    Battery should be charged before 1st use, as per instructions

howards likes this.
    08-20-12 02:44 PM
    Battery should be charged before 1st use, as per instructions

Doing that as we speak. I'll follow directions for charging and discharging. Thanks!
    08-20-12 06:04 PM
    Looks like I have finally found piece of mind.

Can you give me a piece of this mind too?

Just kidding, I hope this battery will do the trick for me as well...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-20-12 09:47 PM
    Niiice! Sounds good.
    08-20-12 10:26 PM
    Got the battery yesterday. Followed charging instructions but also installed leaked 649. Battery seems to be draining very fast not sure if this is normal or from the new OS. Anyone else noticing rapid draining initially with this battery?
    08-21-12 08:52 AM
    Got the battery yesterday. Followed charging instructions but also installed leaked 649. Battery seems to be draining very fast not sure if this is normal or from the new OS. Anyone else noticing rapid draining initially with this battery?
    You should have waited before installing new OS 649, now you have to wait for both the battery and the new OS to settle in!

My two new batteries are stable and have a very slow draining rate, however I am using current OS firmware for over a month now

08-21-12 09:11 AM
    Wow nice. I got a couple questions. Where can I get one and can I just pop it in and charge it up or do I have to set it up first?
    08-22-12 11:05 AM
    Quick google will give you the address: Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices

No setup required. Take the battery out of the package, stick it into the 9900/9930, charge for 8-12 hours and use. No decoding, nothing. It acts like the "official" battery.

Initial observations:
    - battery seems a little heavier than JM-1, slightly thicker (1mm perhaps 1.5mm thicker?)
    - battery door closes snug without any bulge.
    - Second day using the battery on initial charge (auto-off/auto-on 23:30-07:00), lots of calling, BBMing, reading emails, checking things over the internet - same amount of work as before, i.e. using the 1230 battery. Thus far it sits at 54% (second full day using it, first full charge). I'd definitely be nearing the "recharge NOW" zone if I were still using the JM-1 1230mAh battery
    - during heavy use the Mugen battery does not get as warm as JM-1 battery. I've yet to see it go over 32C (this using 7.1.0.324 with .318 radio file).

Keep in mind the drain rate from app/web usage will NOT change - that's software/hardware dependent. However, the length of time the charge lasts is greater than original (stock) battery, so that will reduce the AVG drain rate. I have noticed that the avg drain rate has decreased a little, from 3.4% to 2.8%, seems to correspond to greater battery capacity, thus drain rate stretched out over longer period of time.

I have yet to drain the battery to a very low level (as per instructions) and charge it 8-12 hours again, but so far VERY pleased with the battery. I'll keep the paper-thin 1230 for emergencies, but if this Mugen battery keeps up, I don't think I'll be using the 1230 much - if at all!

This 1500mAh battery is what should have been in the BB9900/9930 in the first place! Phone "feels" completely different with a larger capacity battery.
    C00TS likes this.
    08-22-12 11:31 AM
    Quick google will give you the address: Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices

No setup required. Take the battery out of the package, stick it into the 9900/9930, charge for 8-12 hours and use. No decoding, nothing. It acts like the "official" battery.

Initial observations:
    - battery seems a little heavier than JM-1, slightly thicker (1mm perhaps 1.5mm thicker?)
    - battery door closes snug without any bulge.
    - Second day using the battery on initial charge (auto-off/auto-on 23:30-07:00), lots of calling, BBMing, reading emails, checking things over the internet - same amount of work as before, i.e. using the 1230 battery. Thus far it sits at 54% (second full day using it, first full charge). I'd definitely be nearing the "recharge NOW" zone if I were still using the JM-1 1230mAh battery
    - during heavy use the Mugen battery does not get as warm as JM-1 battery. I've yet to see it go over 32C (this using 7.1.0.324 with .318 radio file).

Keep in mind the drain rate from app/web usage will NOT change - that's software/hardware dependent. However, the length of time the charge lasts is greater than original (stock) battery, so that will reduce the AVG drain rate. I have noticed that the avg drain rate has decreased a little, from 3.4% to 2.8%, seems to correspond to greater battery capacity, thus drain rate stretched out over longer period of time.

I have yet to drain the battery to a very low level (as per instructions) and charge it 8-12 hours again, but so far VERY pleased with the battery. I'll keep the paper-thin 1230 for emergencies, but if this Mugen battery keeps up, I don't think I'll be using the 1230 much - if at all!

This 1500mAh battery is what should have been in the BB9900/9930 in the first place! Phone "feels" completely different with a larger capacity battery.
    Thanks for the info I will definitely be giving this battery a try very very soon.
    08-22-12 03:59 PM
    Hi there,

Sorry to report that both the new Mugen 1500mah batteries that I have been testing are starting to discharge at a rapid rate and are now only lasting the same or less than a standard JM1 1230mah battery.

I am now going back to Momax 1400mah X batteries, these have been reliable for months. I would hazard a guess that the Mugen batteries are coming from the Cameron Sino stable as they look the same internaly?

I was really starting to believe that I had reached piece of mind, don't waist your money on the Mugen battery, the best battery for the 9900 is the Momax 1400 X battery, even if it has to be cloned initially (it does not have to be re-cloned)

I apologise if anyone has ordered a Mugen on my initial feedback, but thought it best to report this update, rarther then others feel disappointed!

Last edited by fabio1; 08-22-12 at 04:10 PM.
    noobishnoob likes this.
    08-22-12 04:07 PM
    Anybody tried the mugen in a 9790?
    08-22-12 05:27 PM
    Well, onto my 2nd full charge of this new battery. I let it drop to 1% and will now charge for 10 hours with the phone on but radio turned off. It stayed on 4% for a while and wouldn't budge. Had to start playing Angry Farm to deplete the battery some more...

First full charge lasted since Tuesday morning 07:00 until just a few minutes ago. So far, so good. Based on the first full charge cycle, seems this battery will provide enough power to squeeze out 2� working days - kind of reminiscent of BlackBerrys past. Let's hope it stays this way...

BTW, running 7.1.0.324 with .318 radio stack since roughly two weeks now. It's also a new phone (replacement for 2 previous devices in which the battery depleted in less than 10 hours).
    08-23-12 12:51 PM
    I have been testing these two for 7 days, have sent the batteries back to Mugen

Never had this issue with Momax, will just take a credit. Momax X is a good performer and latest version is pre-coded and does not need to be decoded!

Thanks
    08-23-12 01:11 PM
    I can tell you have never used a 4S. I have forgot to put mine on the charger at the end of the day and still had 47% left in the am when I woke. That was the only time I charged my device at work and I have been using iPhone for a while.

I do not blame you for being protective about your devices. I was one of you all the way back to the RIM 950 until the 9900. Liklely longer than some of you have been ALIVE! The battery always lasted WAY longer than any other device on the market but then there was the 9900.

I will agree with you as far as 7.0 is concerned but the new 7.1's that are coming out have the same if not a tad bit better battery life than my 4s.

7.0 was atrocious for battery life but these new 7.1.0.5xx are solid. Only lost. 2% from leaving it unplugged all night the other night.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 10:59 PM
    Little update ...

Nearing end of 3rd full charge now, heavy usage and so far I'm getting 2 full days usage out the battery. The 2nd charge didn't seem to last as long as the first charge, but I performed a battery pull and the capacity increased by 12% after the reboot, so I figure the phone has a bit of trouble interpreting the new capacity of the battery.

So far on the 3rd full charge it's holding up well on the second day of the 3rd charge (28% remaining as we speak). Phone used quite heavily (even 2x 1-hour phone conversations), medium-heavy BBM, a few (3?) dozen texts, browsing to check references, no twitter or facebook. So as mentioned, 3rd charge was Sat-Sun overnight, and since Sunday morning (7am) until today (Monday evening 8pm) I still have 28% left. Even played around with the bridge function using the Playbook for about 1/2 hr, tried the Playbook tether as well for about 20 minutes. Bluetooth on all the time since this morning (Monday).

So thus far, this little 1500mAh battery's proving to be quite effective. The stock battery would never last this long with the amount of phone use. I suppose with more moderate use, I could squeeze out 2� days before needing recharge.
    bluetroll and keyhole like this.
    08-28-12 07:34 PM
183 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD